Username Post: Help - Frame cutters        (Topic#1583113)
New Kid On the Block

I am on a mission for a Christmas gift and I am not very familiar with scrap booking tools. My mother asked for a cutter that she can use to make frames for photos in her scrapbooks because she has a hard time finding ones that she likes. She uses squares, ovals and circles.

Can someone provide me with some insight on a versatile tool that may be easy to use? My mom is retired and trying to fill her days cleaning out the closets and making scrap books of our memories.

Thanks in advance!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to snglvanillagirl

Well, there are several options....
Does your mother already have a die cutting machine (there are manual types as well as electonic)? If so, there are dies that you can purchase that will cut all sorts of shapes for frames...
The nesting dies below are metal shapes that go through the die machine and cut out that shape from your paper.....
Then there are some punches that will "punch" a frame shape out of your paper however, they will only do the one size.....
There are electronic die cutters that you can use to design and cut from your computer or ones that you buy cartridges for that have designs on them....
Depends on what she wants and already has....

Alison
Products Referenced in This Post:

New Kid On the Block
In response to kiyawinn

She doesn't have anything at the moment, she is just starting out and has been buying precut items thus far.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to snglvanillagirl

have a set of templates i'd like to trade with you

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to cescrapper

Will she be crafting long term and adding to her hobby? If so, you might want to buy her a Cuttlebug. It does a lot yet it isn't electronic so you don't have to think about buying expensive cartridges. The die cuts and embossing folders can often be found on sale and they last forever.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics