Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Thoughts on the laser square? Deal of te day....        (Topic#1583135)
PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

Opinions? I am tempted but don't know if I would use it enough. Maybe I don't mind a little crooked? But......I am tempted.

You?

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to PhotobearSam

I bought it a couple of weeks ago. I have yet to use it because I have been busy with my Christmas projects.
I think it is a neat idea and I am sure it will come in handy at times. I don't think I will use it all the time or for every layout.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to binkiemonstermom

Wow, now that's some type of tool for the A personality. Never saw one before! I'm pretty good at eyeballing; I don't see a need for it.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to t-scraps

I kind of want one - I'm not a type A personality but sometimes things just need to be lined up precisely - but I enjoyed Kory's blog post a few days ago about making one yourself with a cheap laser level, which has pretty much cured me of my desire to want the Kelly Craft one. I'm pretty tempted by today's deal, but I'll continue to pass it up.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to aquabunny

I thought of Korys blog too when I saw the sale price. I will continue to pass it up.

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw
In response to SherylEb

Can you point me to Kory's blog so I can see how she made her own? This is something one of my scrapping friends would love to have..but the real one is too expensive.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to bigredssw

Kory's a guy, FYI. Anyway, the post where he describes how he could do the same thing more cheaply on his own is here: http://scrapiverse.blogspot.com/2012/11/amazing-disco ve...

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to aquabunny

I think I have come to a decision......if I won the lotto I would not want Tim Holtz by my side I would want Kory.....great idea.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

• PhotobearSam Said:
I think I have come to a decision......if I won the lotto I would not want Tim Holtz by my side I would want Kory.....great idea.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Kory's a guy, FYI. Anyway, the post where he describes how he could do the same thing more cheaply on his own is here: http://scrapiverse.blogspot.com/2012/11/amazing-disco ve...

Thanks for pointing to that. I could not have said it better than Kory. Completely agree with his opinion on the price. What the @#$%^& ???

Personally I can't see a need for that. In scrapbooking, if it "looks" straight, it is!

And if I happened to have had a few cocktails while creating the page, and I regret it in the morning.... it's still all good!!!

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw
In response to Bxr-Linda

Thanks for posting the link...I would write more, but I am on my way out the door to Dollar Tree...LOL!! Actually I think DH already has one of these laser thingys, so I will check out his before I buy one.

And I have bookmarked Kory's blog...I have a feeling I will be reading it often!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to bigredssw

Westcott makes a laser ruler and they go for about 17.00 a piece. I have 2- they snap together and make an "L". That gives me a laser from 2 sides--
I need batteries right now but it is great for lining up letters for titles. I eyeball most of my embellishments but like knowing I have a way to make it straight.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to terrihooper

Where did you get them......so interested.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I got them at my LSS before they closed but I googled them and Amazon has them--

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

HAHAHAHA! I did a post about this on my blog the other day!

I made my own with a laser level picture hangy thingy that I found at the Dollar Tree and my cutting mat.

So...mine cost a dollar.

Really, tho- you don't even need a laser- it is kinda fun, having the light on the paper in a straight line- but you could just lay a ruler across it- linging up the ruler with the measurements on a cutting mat.

-kory

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

• PhotobearSam Said:

That's awesome. But I think I would want Tim on one side and Kory on the other. Then we could create and be snarky all at the same time. Although before long I think ink would fly worse than a food fight.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to designguyKORY

• designguyKORY Said:
HAHAHAHA! I did a post about this on my blog the other day!

I made my own with a laser level picture hangy thingy that I found at the Dollar Tree and my cutting mat.

So...mine cost a dollar.

Really, tho- you don't even need a laser- it is kinda fun, having the light on the paper in a straight line- but you could just lay a ruler across it- linging up the ruler with the measurements on a cutting mat.

-kory

I was thinking the same thing.

I have a set of acrylic rulers (also from the Dollar Tree), that I got years ago for scrapbooking. It has a couple sizes of straight rulers, and a square.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Bxr-Linda

I do love my 18" acrylic ruler, but I inevitably bump it, or shift the paper underneath it. Which is why the square appeals to me. But a mat with measurements on it would be cheaper. I really need more workspace for a mat like that though - my problem isn't storage, it's wanting more than three or four square feet of workspace to spread out in.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SherylEb

• SherylEb Said:
  • PhotobearSam Said:

That's awesome. But I think I would want Tim on one side and Kory on the other. Then we could create and be snarky all at the same time. Although before long I think ink would fly worse than a food fight.

rofl

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Oh! Terri! That sounds so cool- lasers from both sides!!! I gotta check these things out!

Sam- I'm IN! Win that lottery!

BigRed- Thanks for checking out my blog and bookmarking! I love visitors!!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics