Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: On average, how many times do you        (Topic#1583139)
t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

wake up during the night? For me, it's like 3 or 4.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to t-scraps

I don't think we do. We sleep knotted together so if one of us rolls over the other just kind of repositions too. But we aren't even aware of it.

We always start out with Bill on his back and my head on his chest. Eventually I roll over to one side and Bill follows me and stays cuddled. I think we change like that many times during the night but it doesn't wake us up for more than a second or two.

If I do sense he has woken up I can always tell and so I rub his back or tummy for a few second and he goes back to sleep. If Bill senses that I woke up and am moving around he rubs my back or shoulders and I fall right back to sleep.

So I would have to say our sleep is completely uninterupted except for when one of us rolls over and that does really wake us up.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-04-12 11:10 AM
In response to Henri Jean

I have such awful night sweats and hot flashes...I wake up all night long! DH wouldn't dare cuddle me....he'd get burned! LOL

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 12-04-12 11:46 AM
In response to charK

Generally 2 or 3. Lately about once an hour.

Gotta go gotta go don't you know?

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to GMFTS

I don't.

I get woken up too early in the morning by 2 slobbery dogs and a moody cat, but not usually in the middle of the night.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to kelseymel

Usually once, but sometimes I make it through the whole night. Used to be I never woke up at night. Must be an age thing. LOL!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Babylou

None unless I'm sick or the kids wake me. I can't always turn off my brain when I should be trying to sleep but once I crash I'm out.

Maybe try Melatonin at bedtime?

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to ScrappyMama6

Zero.

When I have sleep issues, it is falling asleep.

Diva
In response to corrie fan

I dont sleep thru the night at all. I will wake up 3-4 times and at least one of those times I will be up for at least 1 hr. I wish I can sleep all night!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to t-scraps

• t-scraps Said:
wake up during the night? For me, it's like 3 or 4.

as I have gotten older, I tend to wake up at least once too, usually after a day of little exercise.
What I have found that works for me is to accept I am awake, do a little reading, watching tv, or listening to the radio (approx. 15 mins), then go back to sleep. If I just lay there an stress I never get back to sleep.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Gelidy Gelato

My main problem is a pinched nerve in my neck. I wake up and my hands are so numb, they hurt. It's when I end up on my side during sleeping. Using one pillow or two doesn't make a difference, it still happens. To make it stop, I re-position and then lay there awake. Listening to my iPod helps, but sometimes it's 1-3 hours before I go back to sleep.

My Mom and Sister have the same issue, no problems going to sleep, just going back to sleep once awoken. Wonder if it's hereditary?

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to t-scraps

t-scraps
I hate to buy into the whole "get a new bed and sleep better" ploy but I have really been thinking about this lately.
My bed has developed a real slump and while I have been trying to offset it with a feather comforter, I don't think it is working. I wake up too because me hand is numb or my hip hurts. Do you think it really could be solved just by buying a new mattress?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

several times,,,,

I have arthritis of the spine and fibromyalgia.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-05-12 04:33 PM

• Gelidy Gelato Said:
t-scraps
I hate to buy into the whole "get a new bed and sleep better" ploy but I have really been thinking about this lately.
My bed has developed a real slump and while I have been trying to offset it with a feather comforter, I don't think it is working. I wake up too because me hand is numb or my hip hurts. Do you think it really could be solved just by buying a new mattress?

Mattresses wear out, definitely replace as needed. Think about it: if you sleep somewhere else - like at a hotel, staying with other family, camping, etc. - and the bed is softer or harder or just differently lumpy and slumpy, you sleep differently. You may even have a sore back from being positioned differently all night long, or sore or numbs limbs because of pinched nerves. IMO, the right mattress can make a huge difference.

I usually get up once to pee and drink a glass of water. What really bothers me is when this happens at like 5 am - by the time I've fallen back asleep and am fully in dream state again the alarm goes off

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to stick

Bill and I usually wake up around 6:00 for a bathroom break - he usually lets me go first and then his turn. Then we fall right back to sleep again for 3 or 4 more hours.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Henri Jean

I have a side-sleeper tempurpedic pillow that I got at the neck pillow store (you can google it). It makes a HUGE difference for me and my arthritic neck. Without it, my neck muscles spasm and I sleep poorly night after night.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
I have a side-sleeper tempurpedic pillow that I got at the neck pillow store (you can google it). It makes a HUGE difference for me and my arthritic neck. Without it, my neck muscles spasm and I sleep poorly night after night.

Ooooo I'm gonna have to check this out. The new pillows I bought are definitely not working.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to angie girl

Usually 0-1 times, but it's been more like 2 times now that I'm pregnant and have to pee all the time.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 12-07-12 08:20 PM
In response to scraprabbit

I sleep like a log and rarely get up during the night. DH & the dog both get up to go "potty" (LOL) during the night. He cannot figure out how in the world I don't wake up! The dog gets him up...I guess she doesn't want to potty alone!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to LeeLo

I only don't sleep right through if I've had too much caffeine the day before, or if I'm worried about something. Even a weak green tea after about 5pm is enough to stop me sleeping properly, which I hate.

Replacing the mattress and/or pillows can make a massive difference. DH's parents both had bad sleeping problems except when they stayed with us (CLUE!) and one time we slept in their elderly bed and it was awful. We offered to get them a new bed for their birthdays, and they chose twins - and have been sleeping better ever since. I'm so pleased!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics