Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Stampin' Up! Thread        (Topic#1583153)
sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine

I just signed up with Stampin' Up! and I'm super excited! I thought it would be fun to have a thread where we could share our likes/ dislikes for the products, upload cards and layouts, and help each other out with ideas and thoughts. Demonstrators and friends of Stampin' Up! products. Sounds good?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to sabine

I think SU's stamps are very well made and last for ages. I've got some sets that I got over 10 years ago and the rubber is still soft and pliable. I just wish you could buy the stamps individually, as there are often ones in a particular set that I'd never use.

I like that they offer the cheaper cling versions now, too! They take up much less room.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to siameseplease

I agree with you Gina! I wished they had more individual stamps as well. I will let them know. The quality is definitely the best I 've seen so far and I love the ink pads also!

Edited by sabine on 12-05-12 08:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to sabine

There is a trial program going on that SU is offering several individual stamps. Not all stamps are sold this way but there are several that are now and they added more the last time they updated, so keep a look out!

Tenant
In response to binkiemonstermom

I'm interested in becoming a demo, but am worried about making minimums and things. I don't have any friends locally who scrap and don't feel confident in myself to runs classes or parties or anything. There is a demo in town but she isn't active.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to PaperTulip

If you can make your mins yourself, there is no issue. It is $300 per quarter. I make my mins by myself no problem! But I also do some classes and have custmers. But I started out as a hobby demo and made them myself.
If you don't make your mins, you go into pending, which gives you another month to meet your mins. The biggest thing is to have a good upline. It doesn't have to be local, my upline is 2 1/2 hours from me. It is actually nice, we can share ideas together and don't feel as though we are competing for the same customers. We brain storm class ideas and projects together. But even if you don't have classes, you want an upline that you can ask questions or just gab too!!! Hope that helps. Feel free to ask me any questions that you have.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to binkiemonstermom

Yep, Michelle is right. If you first sign up though, SU gives you 6 months to make your $300 quota and then an extra month in the pending status, so it is pretty easy to make it the first time. I don't have workshops or parties, but I promote my online business (if you sign up within 3 weeks to the website, you get 2 months free, otherwise it's $12.99 or so per month. SU handles all online shipments and credit card payments and transfers your 20% into your checking acct). I'll have no problems meeting the quota, especially since I make cards that I sell. My upline is part of the Founders Circle and she lives in Northern California, while I'm in Los Angeles. She informs me (and my future downlines) several times a day via facebook. Please feel free to contact me for more info.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to PaperTulip

• PaperTulip Said:
I'm interested in becoming a demo, but am worried about making minimums and things. I don't have any friends locally who scrap and don't feel confident in myself to runs classes or parties or anything. There is a demo in town but she isn't active.

Like the others have said, if you can make the minimums yourself, there's no concern. But if you can't make the minimums, think of it as $100 a month, then you probably won't like it.
That being said, if you sign up now, you get a free ink collection along with the extra $25 of merchandise. Then you can drop if you don't like it or aren't able to make the minimums. I like that they changed their demo kit to picking whatever you want rather than having to have certain items.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to fknapoleon

That's why I signed up, too. I only chose items for my starter kit that were on my wish list anyway and the kit also includes $60 worth of business supplies.

Diva
In response to sabine

I like the company and signed up, but got sick with Colon Cancer had emergency surgery, used up all my saving as I stayed home for three months of recovery and missed the opportunity. Once my health and finances are back on track, I will go back in!

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to bayamonesa1

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear about your illness! I wish you a speedy recovery! It's great to hear that you will join SU again!!!

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to sabine

I plan to sign up with my tax money or possibly sooner. Between my mom and me we can meet our quota, plus I plan to make cards and other crafts and sell them on ebay and other online places.

I have stamp sets that I bought when I first started scrapping. Mom and me bought like 400 worth of stamps from an SU consultant. We made her day.
I have a few crafting friends that I can contact too that would probably buy everyone once in a while. I might do the website too. Its not that much a month.

Glad you started the thread.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to TJCraftyWitch

Yay, congrats on your decision! As long as you'll be able to meet the quota it'll work very well for you and your mom. And you'll be thrilled about the savings and income potential. Just keep the Angel policy in mind when selling on ebay and elsewhere, but SU has nice stamps for that. When you'll sign up with an upline ask if she offers you any additional incentives. Mine gave me the brand new trimmer (worth $30) for free! And if you sign up before Dec 16, you'll get a whole ink pad set (worth $50) for free from SU! And you can choose any of the items for your $99 starter kit from the catalog. My website business is starting out great, so that's a good way to go if you don't want to have (m)any shows or workshops. If you host workshops, SU even let's you add yourself as the hostess, so you could get those perks also.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to sabine

I meant I was making cards or layouts or finished mini albums to sell on ebay, not necessarily SU stuff, I might use there stamps and inks. I make jewelry as well, I plan to sell those and like handmade flowers.
Thanks for letting me know about the specials but I doubt I can sign up this month. I wish I could, I really do.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to TJCraftyWitch

I love making all of them, too! I kinda gave up on the jewelry making. I sold quite a few bracelets, but it sidetracked me from scrapbooking. How is your experience with eBay?

shetang
Tenant
shetang
In response to sabine

Did you guys just sign up or have you been doing it a while? I just checked out their website and clicked the join button. From what I can tell the website cost $25 a month and I don't see the actual requirements listed. There is a pdf that explains how you get paid.

Looks like they offer a choice of starter kits. One includes the digital option. Any comments? I haven't used any of the digital products before, although I like desktop publishing.

It all looks very interesting. I just placed an order through a demonstrator site the other day.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to shetang

I just signed up Nov 30 and the website is for free for 2 months if you sign up within 21 days. After that it's like $12.95 per month. When you sign up, you don't have to get one of the starter kits they recommend, but you can choose anything you like from the catalogs. I didn't order the digi items because I use shutterfly, but I'm sure it's great.

shetang
Tenant
shetang
In response to sabine

Thanks for the update. So you have 3 months to hit a sales quota. What is the quota and what happens if you don't make the quota?

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to shetang

You have 3 months, but the first time you will get 6 months and every time you can't make the deadline, you will get one addtl month during which you can make up for the difference.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to shetang

You have 3 months, but the first time you will get 6 months and every time you can't make the deadline, you will get one addtl month during which you can make up for the difference.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics