Username Post: Purchasing Big shot        (Topic#1583173)
New Kid On the Block

I am hoping to purchase this product , the Big Shot and I would lik to know what other spacers or things I will need for the embossing die cutting and such so that I can add it to my list
Products Referenced in This Post:

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to angelina a

http://www.papercraftsmag.com/content_downloads/Die Cutt...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Here Kitty

I just bought a metal plate from Cheery Lynn to do the really intricate dies like the Cherry Lynn dies.

Other than that, everything I needed came with my Big Shot.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to Henri Jean

I sell Stampin' Up! via my website (check it out on my profile) and we sell the Big Shot, as well as a large selection of embossing folders,Edgelits and Framelits dies and Bigz cutting pads.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to sabine

SPELLBINDERS!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU NEED SPELLBINDERS!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to CommaHolly

When you get your Big Shot, you won't need anything other than the die, framelits or folders that you choose. The multipurpose pad and your two clear layers come with the big shot. Just pick out your favorite folder and start embossing! Or dies! Or framelits!!!!
Just a word of caution....it is addicting!!!! I LOVE my Big Shot!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to binkiemonstermom

you actually will need one of these to emboss the edges on spellbinders and the like,,
Products Referenced in This Post:

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

And you will need different pads and mats if you want to use the long decorative strip dies, and another special pad if you want to use any dies that have fold lines.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to aquabunny

I got the embossing pad to go along with mine--

New Kid On the Block

thank you for this info, this is what I was wondering about. Do you have any ideas if I have to get other spacers and which ones when I use spellbinders dies.
Thanks

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to angelina a

You don't need other pads other than you multipurpose platform AND the tan embossing mat that was posted about so you can get the embossed edges of spellbinders. You can find the tan mat with the spellbinder section of you local box store generally or on here as well!

The metal shim is nice for a die with lots of small cuts. You don't have to have one, but it is nice. I got got mine last month and makes those die much much easier!

Edited by binkiemonstermom on 12-06-12 07:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• binkiemonstermom Said:
You don't need other pads other than you multipurpose platform AND the tan embossing mat that was posted about so you can get the embossed edges of spellbinders.

As posted above, you do if you want to use dies with crease lines, and if you want to use decorative strips (unless the pads and platform that come with machine are now 13" long).

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to aquabunny

I didn't think spellbinders had any dies with crease line though, sorry I was answering about spellbinders.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

Ok, gotcha, sorry for the misunderstanding, I was still thinking about Sizzix dies.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to aquabunny

I know I've told y'all before- but I'll say it again-

I rarely even use the rubber mat to emboss my Spellbinder cuts- I usually only do it with the rubber mat if I'm wanting the embossing on one of the more complicated dies (like the Sprightly Sprockets). Most of my Spellbinders are the insanely cool 'Labels' series- and it seems to take more time to run the thing thru on the rubber mat than it takes for me to flip it on my table and run my stylus along the edge of the die- embossing the edge of the label. It seems to give a crisper line, too.

-kory

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to designguyKORY

Great tip Kory. I have a mixture of dies, spellbinders, and SU framelits. I have the tan mat but rarely use it!!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I use embossing folders quite a bit and so I use the mat because to use a stylis on the entire thing defeats the purpose of having a machine to do it
SO I guess it depends on how much embossing you are doing wether or not you need the pad.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to terrihooper

No, Terri- not the stylus on an embossing folder- I was talking about using Spellbinders label dies- running the stylus around the inside edge of the die, instead of running it back thru with the rubber pad.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to designguyKORY

With an embossing folder, you shouldn't have to use the tan mat. You should be able to run it through and emboss without it, at least every folder I have has been that way. But machines are different and some are looser than others.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

• binkiemonstermom Said:
With an embossing folder, you shouldn't have to use the tan mat. You should be able to run it through and emboss without it, at least every folder I have has been that way. But machines are different and some are looser than others.

The Spellbinders Impressabilities are not folders, they're thin metal plates with pieces cut out. So you need the tan mats with those.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Here Kitty

I am learning something all day long....I don't have any of those. I was talking about folders since that is what the poster asked about. I assumed folders where the standard open and put the card stock in. Are the spellbinders one called folders or templates???
I am not looking.....
I do not need any of them.....
not looking......
okay off to look!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

you need spellbinders,,,,,,just trust me on this, little girl Here's some candy,,,,,

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

You might as well listen to Holly. She gets to all of us eventually.

However, glad she did because I love my nesties. Just need to use them more!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics