Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: What do you think about orbs in photos?        (Topic#1583183)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

When we were on the haunted tour in Key West we were advised to take a lot of photos because orbs would show up in them and they said the orbs were ghosts or spirits. As much as I don't believe it, there were orbs in shots of areas said to be most haunted and not in my other photos. Kind of weird.

I took thousands of pictures after the ghost tour and not one orb again until...

We did the underground Seattle a few months ago which is said to be haunted. Who knows. But, orbs showed up in my photos again.

After the underground tour I took thousands of pictures around Seattle, Canada and all over, both inside and out and I have not gotten one more with orbs since the underground tour.

So what do you think?

To me it is almost too coincidental that only the places that we were told were haunted were the only ones where orbs showed up. And this is out of thousands of pictures!

Very curious!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Henri Jean

I wonder about that too...
especially since sometimes I see them in everyday pictures... but since our house isn't haunted, I can't imagine it to be true...

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to Doreena

I always thought orbs were dust but it is kindof weird that they only show up in certain places. I'll be interested to hear about experiences and comments of others.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to wilbur

I just went through several hundred photos I have stored on the computer and found one more group with orbs. It is from the tour of the silver mines in Idaho - underground. A lot of men were killed in those mines.

The silver mine was damp and water leaks were dripping from the ceiling, same as the caves and caverns so everything was dusty and humid - no dust.

Checked other cave and cavern photos and no orbs. Checked all kinds of inside photos - restaurants and dark places with and without flashes - no orbs.

I don't know what to think - going to research it now.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Half of what I read said it was dust particles and the other half of what I read said it was paranormal. No idea.

Some of the sites said some were dust, some were paranomal and tried to explain how to tell them apart. I don't know. Just odd that the places that were said to be haunted or where people died were the only places I had pictures of them.

May be nothing or just coincidence but I'm curious.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK

That is weird. If it is dust why would it only be in the haunted places?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to TraciK

I am not sure how I feel about it. I've had them show up in pictures where it's not a dusty area, as well, and my lens is clean. The most noteable one was in one of my Christmas shots that my gram took with her camera. She took several photos right before this one and nothing showed up. Then she took a pic of me sitting with my brother and there is a very noticeable orb right over my heart. I like to think it was my late husband paying a visit (he died in our home, and there have been several activities that are difficult to explain). Even if it wasn't, the idea of it gives me comfort, so that's good enough for me!

On a haunted tour of Williamsburg, they told us to take pictures around the jail and the Peyton Randolph house, as these are known as two of the more haunted areas. Orbs all over the pics near the jail, and none when we walked just 20 feet down the street. At the Peyton Randolph house, a red light showed up at the bottom of one of the windows. I later found out that this was the room said to be most haunted by one of the maids.

I believe in paranormal activity, but I also believe that some of us (including me on occasion) can read too much into these things. So, I'm still on the fence about orbs and what they mean.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to siameseplease

I'm also on the fence, but curious why they only show up in my photos of places said to be haunted. Sounds like your experiences have been similar.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed

Not sure what to think about the orbs. But, I do remember reading where a young child had his picture taken and when developed (before digital)there was a white spot on one of his eyes. Later, the child was found to have a tumor behind that eye. When the doctor heard this, he said that was the first clue something was wrong with the child. He explained why it did like it did but that was a long time ago and I don't remember the details.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to 2xblessed

That white eye reflection, called leukocoria, is actually a fairly common first sign of retinoblastoma and other eye conditions. Nothing supernatural about it, and it can be observed by shining a light during an eye exam and doesn't require an actual photograph to be observed.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to aquabunny

Were the orbs like the one in this pic?

Son, Dog & ? By Pugs223

My practical side says it's just a bug or something. The side of me that believes in "ghost adventures" says, "Well we live in a 120 year old house that has been in the family for four generations and is directly across the road from a cememtery where several family members are buried so maybe someone is visiting."

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to pugs223

They are really really round - perfectly shaped and more muted - or they are in mine. Some have cables or rocks or something behind them and you can see the item behind it - kind of like looking at something through velum.

It is more like a hazy perfectly round circle.

I would suggest that it is a light bouncing from the flash but that wouldn't be the right angle for that to happen. Could be dust or could be a light reflection from another source. Its hard to be sure becuase it hard to really see on the photo as far as the shape of it. But most of the pictures with "orbs" - they are somewhat translucent and completely round.

Diva

sorry...I dont believe in ghost at all!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223

I didn't use flash, it was outside, sun was on the other side of the house so it's not light reflecting off anything that I can tell. You can also see the space between the boards on the porch between it.

Not saying it is an orb, just can't find explanation of what it is if it isn't an orb.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to pugs223

Henri, I've had those show up in my pictures... I never thought much about them, just thought that they were dust or a flash issue, until a few years ago at my ex-boyfriend's family Christmas. I took several pictures and there was an orb in all of them. His aunt was looking at them, and started crying, saying that was the spirit of my bf's mom (who had died several years previously). I'm not sure what I think of them now, but it is interesting to see where they pop up.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to *jesse*

I don't know about the orbs in the photos, but I do fully believe in angels and ghosts, considering I have seen my grandmother twice, both times standing over my then newborn daughters in their cribs. She died of a brain tumor when my Mom was 8, and I was able to describe her dress perfectly to my mom, and there are no photos of her in the dress, yet it was one my mom knew as soon as I started to describe it.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to Scrappin Kitty

I can't remember ever seeing one in any of my pictures, although I might have dismissed them as a failure in the picture.
I have never been on ghost tours, just visited a couple of houses in the UK that were supposed to be haunted. In some of those houses I walked straight out, because I felt very uncomfortable.

I do have some strange pictures of my mum, taken just about six weeks before she died. When you compare her to other people in the same pictures, it seems she is fading or partially translucent. Although it is five years ago since she died, I still can't force myself looking at those pictures.

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to elsje2

Right aquabunny! I didn't mean to say that was supernatural. I was just giving what little I know about white orbs.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to 2xblessed

Henri, can you post a couple of the pics? I have never seen it. Nothing has ever showed up in any of my pictures. But, I have never been to a place that was said to haunted.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to TraciK

Will post in a little while for you.

Just strange they have only shown up in mine where people have died or places said to be haunted. I didn't believe it at all when we did the haunted tour of Key West so I didn't keep them, thinking they were just ruined. Then when the "orbs" showed up in other picture and coincidently places said to be haunted just got me thinking.

Peg don't know what your's could be then. I took it to be an indoor photo with green carpet. Lord, need my eyes checked! I thought it was a wood-paneled inside wall.

As a realtor who used to show and sell a lot of houses on a few occasions I went into houses with buyers and turned around and walked right back out again. SOmething made the hair on the back of my neck stand up - I really felt a presence that wasn't friendly.

Talking to other realtors many of us have had this same feelings. All of us (8 or 10 of us) were sitting around talking and all of us had experienced it.

One woman, a friend I know to be completely sane experienced it 3 times and got away from the houses. Later she did research through micro fishe to check out old newspaper stories and found all 3 houses. ONe was a murder, one was a murder-suicide and the third was a house that was used for satanic worship an rituals as a church but had been closed down.

One of my friends bought a house and was doing a lot of remodeling on it at night to sell it again. He had his sawhorse and tools set up in the basement. One night he was there and heard someone call him name - a male whispering-type voice. He looked and couldn't find anyone but the tone and the fact he knew he was the only one in the house scared him and he got out.

Later he did a little digging around and found it the place of 3 violent deaths - a murder, a suicide and someone was hanged in the tree right outside the window of the above-ground basement.

So I don't know what is out there but I will quickly say there are things I do not understand. Too many unexplained things have happened and they are not all by crackpots. I just don't know if it is ghosts or energy or what it is, but I do belive something is going on. It may be perfectly well explained by science but to this point scientists seem as confused as I am.

The "orbs" are just curious to me. Don't know what to make of them.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics