Username Post: Free Downloads - do you just print them?        (Topic#1583197)
uruvero
Veteran
uruvero

Hiya ladies -

I have seen on many sites freebie downloads and I downloaded one today that I really really love from AC. When I open it in .pdf it shows the pic of the journaling cards, do you just print these on white cardstock?

All ideas welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to uruvero

Yes you just print them on cardstock. Depending on what the image is, I've heard of people printing it on photo paper as well.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to uruvero

You can print them on whatever you like....cs, kraft paper, vellum, metal paper, cork sheets, canvas etc..

Depending on the file type you can also sometimes import a design into Silhouette Studio software and cut the design...

Alison

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to kiyawinn

i haven't printed any of the images I have yet. I need to get some cs. but yes, that's what I would recommend, but, keep in mind that you need a printer that is a TOP LOAD printer to print on cardstock. If your paper has to do a 180 turn it's not going to be able to handle the carstock as easily.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to flutterbye0419

That may be a matter of individual printers or brands of cardstock - I've never had a problem printing on cardstock in a printer that had to turn the paper over.

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to aquabunny

Thanks so much ladies!
I've run cs through my printer before so I know it will be ok. The journalling cards I found are too cute to pass up!!!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to uruvero

I have a folder on PC I save downloads in incase I want them again later. I print on cardstock just fine. Never thought about print on Kraft may have to try that.

Diva
In response to SherylEb

I have seen them but never printed them. I may try it someday!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to bayamonesa1

Keep in mind, Stampin' Up has had several FREE digital downloads lately.....NO purchase necessary at all!!! Freel free to see the info on my blog. It is in their digital section. This month's free download is a christmas tag!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics