Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Tags for packages        (Topic#1583215)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to olleharr

• olleharr Said:
I still make them but mostly because I can never find any in the stores that I like. I usually keep mine extremely simple though and crank them out by the dozen. They're still beautiful but I don't expect anyone to go ga-ga over them. I love present wrapping and big bows and pretty tags so I just enjoy that part of Christmas for me. I learned a long time ago that some people just don't pay attention to the details like I do. I would love it if someone made a pretty tag for me!

THIS,,,,I do it for me, not for them,,,,,but most of mine are pretty plain,,,some pretty stamps,,,,some bits of pretty paper left over from card making,,,,,I rarely go hog wild on tags unless I know the person will really appreciate it

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to CommaHolly

I LOVE tags but haven't made many yet mainly due to not enough time. I started making Christmas cards a few years ago. I LOVE making them...I know not everyone appreciates them. Last year I only sent the handmade ones to the people I knew would appreicate them. This year I was in a real card making mood...so I made all of them. About 80 or so. I don't care who throws them out and who keeps them. I gave me joy to make them and thats why I do it

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I use my tags over and over for my family. I probably have 100 or so. They are in all different colors so they match the paper. My motto: WWMD? (Martha!)

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to rebeccakeppel

Wow! I guess I'm really bad then
Expensive tags?!?!
I buy the pckage of adhesive tags for $1.00 at Target! LOL!
No expense, no time taken out of my day to create them, and if they get thrown away...I don't care.

The people I deal w/ don't care about that stuff so I don't bother to care either.

Sunnydi
Governor
Sunnydi
In response to meezerpleaser

I'm not brazen like Kory... so don't make them anymore. I saw a good idea on Pinterest. Put a picture of the person receiving the gift on a plain tag... with "To" on it....

I'm so doing this as my young great nieces and nephews pass out gifts at our big family gathering and being they only see most of those people once a year they don't know who they are... this will help the "who is this" questions...

Edited by Sunnydi on 12-08-12 10:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-08-12 10:51 AM
In response to terrihooper

For kids and people who won't notice, I have a stash of store-bought tags (buy them on sale after xmas and put them in the box with all the gift wrap for next year). Or I make very simple, fast, easy tags - because I like doing it. They can appreciate it or not, but it makes me happy. If I'm especially fond of how something turned out I do a Kory

For people who matter and who appreciate, I make special tags. My DH does the same. DH and I also give each other xmas cards each year and it's almost a contest to see who can make the "best" one - of course they're both awesome and special

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady
In response to stick

yea i am tags my mom like them and grandma. i don't make one for my brother because i know he throw it away.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

I'm another one who uses photos on my packages to indicate the recipient. I don't go to any big deal with them - just print them off, matt them with some cardstock to match the wrapping paper, and glue them onto the package. The little kids get a kick out of looking for packages with their picture on them.

txht2003
Veteran
txht2003

I love tags.....although I have never made a single one YET! I will next year

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to txht2003

i make all my tags but I dont go all out. sometimes i just cut a bunch of tags on the cricut and stamp an image and have my girls color it and then other times i just cut out shapes like ornaments or snowman or whatever and just the name. I use mostly scraps or paper i know i wont use for lo;s or cards. simply and easy peazy

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Briannasmom

This year I made all my tags using the Teddy Bear Parade Cricut cartridge, making different bears to represent each family member.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

I make tags, but not fancy tags. I do simple, small tags with people's names and some small decoration. I've never been keen on spending a whole lot of time in decorating the outside of the present. I'd rather take that time to make an actual present. But I do like to make my own name tags instead of buying them. That's for my own pleasure though.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics