Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What's your favorite brand of cardstock?        (Topic#1583221)
Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom

I am wondering what brands everyone swears by? I want a silhouette or cricut, leaning heavily toward the silhouette, and wonder if one particular brand of paper takes cuts better, looks better, performs better. What are your thoughts? I have been using these DCWV textured papers, but they dont cut well when I have used them with the Cricut.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Juansmom

I buy whatever Joanns, HL or Michaels has or whatever I like at my scrapbook store. Couldn't start to tell you the brand of any of them - just know when they "feel right".

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Juansmom

I often use Bazzill cardstock. It works great on my layouts and in my Cricut. Bazzill paper is super quality and they have a great selection of colors. I just learned about the bazzill website where you can match cardstock to a variety of paper lines...love it! http://bazzillbasics.com/matchmaker

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Vintageivy

Brazil is always my first choice

Expert
In response to Cindyckj

Bazzill has started to become my go-to CS lately...not sure why. But when it comes to my Cameo I try to stick with the smooth CS from Hobby Lobby because I know how to cut it, and I know I can cut it without any hassles (unless my blade is getting too dull...) I will cut some Bazzill in my Cameo, but nothing super intricate.

I do avoid cutting anything with a white core in my Cameo because I wouldn't want the white to show on the sides.

melissadam
Angel
melissadam
In response to HuskerMom98

another vote for bazzill

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to HuskerMom98

Bazzill is my usual cardstock....I like the textures, like orange peel, linen, dotted etc...
My favourite I guess is their canvas texture..it's subtle.
I don't really like smooth cardstock, although Bazzill makes some....

I also use the plain side of my pattern papers sometimes...they have some great colours and aren't totally even colour, IYKWIM....I like the subtle variations.

Alison
Products Referenced in This Post:

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to kiyawinn

Yet another vote for Bazzill. I love their textured stuff, but I also buy their smooth, especially in neutrals.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to cindy312

Bazzill

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to sbartist

I buy whatever cardstock paper that I like. But I am liking colorbok. Because of the textured cardstock. I haven't bought any bazzill but think I just might like there cardstock too.

Justie

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 12-07-12 05:42 AM
In response to justartguy007

I am a Bazzill devotee about 95% of the time.

They have so many beautiful colors that are made to match many lines. The variety of textures they make is superb.

I also use AC cardstock which is not bad at all.

And I also use BoBunny's Double Dots line (lots more than dots) as a solid quite often.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to GMFTS

I use Bazzill most of the time, but also use others. What I definitely do not like is cardstock with a white core. It is fine if you use the whole sheet as background, but I do not like to use them as mats.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to elsje2

Bazzill or American Craft for just plain black, white and kraft I actually prefer American Craft, it doesn't have the coating that Bazzill has and won't crack when you make mini albums.

andrea m
Diva
andrea m
In response to Sneezy1956

another one for bazzill

Diva
In response to andrea m

Die cuts with a view (prices, coupons, colors, etc)

flutterbye0419
Diva
flutterbye0419
In response to bayamonesa1

i'm a huge die cuts with a view fan. love the quality of it. i am branching out, but will always go back to dcwv too.

rebeccakeppel
Idol
rebeccakeppel
In response to Juansmom

I was very worried about how the Silhouette would do with heavy textured cardstock, which I love. But it actually does great! I had heard in previous models you had to double cut or cut the same image twice to get a clean cut. Definitely NOT so with the Cameo! I use a lot of Bazzill textured heavy cardstock with NO problem. I also like American Crafts and have found that the smooth white American crafts cardstock cuts VERY detailed images and words with no problems.

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to rebeccakeppel

I use Bazzill and American Crafts in my Cricut. My cardstock of choice for my cards is Stampin Up or Paper Trey Ink.

Enjoy your new machine!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to rebeccakeppel

For solid cardstock I use Stampin' Up. I love the weight of their cardstock. I used to use cheaper paper in my cricut but found that I wasted more than I used because it kept ripping. Now I just use Stampin' Up.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to binkiemonstermom

I used to by DCWV cardstock, but I found I don't like white core cardstocks! I like Paper Trey Ink, Stampin' Up, Core'dinations and Bazzill~ Some people said they can't cut Stampin' Up and Bazzill (textured) well with their Cricuts. I never had any issues.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics