Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: What's your favorite brand of cardstock?        (Topic#1583221)
binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to HisGEM

I have never had an issue cutting my SU paper with my cricut. I might have had to set my blade to more pressure but an easy fix!!!! I tear less and get better images with my SU paper. I don't really like white cores either.

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to binkiemonstermom

I love using Stampin' Up! cardstock, too. Their colors coordinate with the ink I use for my stamping and the paper quality is excellent.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

I use every brand of cardstock. lol I do not have an electric cutter either. I have a Big Shot.

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps
In response to anda11

For a long time I went with DCWV, but then I bought a Cricut and had the same problem mentioned above with the Cricut. something about the texture or something. Now I mostly go with Bazzill.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Tina scraps

Bazill seems like the paper of choice for most people...I like the textured papers too, but was afraid of cuts that aren't clean. The DCWV cardstock I am using (OP) is white core, and its nice for tearing to see the white show, but def don't like it for diecuts. Thanks all!!

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan
In response to Juansmom

Bazzill. Then American Crafts.

I used to like the SU textured cardstock but they stopped making it.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to corrie fan

AC......my fav

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to PhotobearSam

I realized today that I want smooth cardstock with no texture most of the time. The reason - I use it for background and I make mats out of it and I often want my journaling paper to coordinate so I cut an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet to go in the printer. The Bazzil and other textured brands don't print well and I really like my journaling paper to match mats and things.

I forgot about that until today when I ruined a title that I wanted on matching cardstock. Now I remember why I like smooth!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to Henri Jean

DCWV by far! and Bazzil too. I rarely use anything else. With the DCWV, even use it to stamp on and colour it with Copics for me Magnolia stamps.... its wonderful!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to TheCharmedOne

Charmed One, are you using the smooth or textured DCWV? BTW, i peeked at some stuff in your gallery, you have such a pretty style to your LO's!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Juansmom

I can't imagine coloring with copics on anything but Cryogen or Xpress card stock. I'm glad you get good results with the DCW.

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to HisGEM

Love Basic Grey

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Juansmom

I have a Pazzles Inspiration which will but pretty much anything, so I don't really pay too much attention to the brand of paper I cut. I am mainly a card maker and right now my paper of choice is PTI and A Muse Studio. I very rarely get 12x12 and it's usually DCWV because it's easy to get locally and I love the texture and the white core. I've been reading really good things about Bazzill Card Shoppe, so I've been haunting sb.com hoping to find a variety pack to try out...

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to traceyjean

Xpress card stock all the way for coloring with copics! Favorite card stock would probably be Bazzill and CM.

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I like Bazzil, but for cutting in the silhouette AC works great and its a solid core

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CorrieW

Beth try Cryogen and I bet you will not go back to Xpress I'm serious I use both and I love the cryogen the best it's amazing.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics