Username Post: Somebody Please Help!        (Topic#1583227)
flintridgescrapper
Idol
flintridgescrapper

I'm about ready to toss my Gypsy in the trash!!! I've been trying all evening to make a title for my lo. What I'm trying to do is make one of those trendy frames with the words welded together & welded into a shape. Every time I do and I use the eyeball to check it out, some parts of my letters show up in red. It may just the the inside of the loop of an "l" or it's even been half of a letter. The first time it happened, I decided to see if it would cut. The only thing that cut is those parts of the letters that show up in red. What am I doing wrong??? The handy dandy instruction book that I had to download myself is no help whatsoever. I think I'm going to go to bed now before I toss it all! I'll check back tomorrow to see if anybody has the answer.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to flintridgescrapper

From what I remember, the red parts are the only parts that will cut. I don't use the gypsy often...I use CCR. I find it easier to design on there. If you want letters to cut inside a shape, don't weld!

flintridgescrapper
Idol
flintridgescrapper
In response to HisGEM

Thanks. However, I tried CCR, made a file, exported to my Gypsy, and what do you know???? Same stinkin' exact thing. No welding, but some of the letters are in red & some are in black! This is making me CRAZY!!!!!

flintridgescrapper
Idol
flintridgescrapper

I contacted Cricut customer service, and they advised me to update my Gypsy. I haven't done that since I got it for Christmas last year, lol! Then after doing that, I had to update my Expression firmware, and now all's good with the world! Works perfect!

I had to export from CCR to my Gypsy since I have let my niece that lives 3-1/2 hrs. away keep all my cartridges. I have them all uploaded to my Gypsy.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy

Judy, glad it worked. Technology can be so frustrating.

flintridgescrapper
Idol
flintridgescrapper
In response to 950nancy

Oh, I know that! I read elsewhere that you just got a Silhouette. Do you like it better than your Cricut?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics