Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: What item are you known for by your friends?        (Topic#1583261)
Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Juansmom

I guess I never answered the original question. Since I scrap pretty regularly with traditional CM scrappers, I am known as the adventurous one, the one who uses, what did the CM consultant call it?..."contraband", aka non CM products. Made me giggle. They had never seen an ATG, or ever heard of Undu. or a Cuttlebug. And they are amazed at my collection of punches, as all they ever use is a corner-rounder. I shake my head...

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Juansmom

Gelidy - I think it's the bite out of the iced lolly.

I'm known only for using up everybody's scraps. People don't throw away their scraps at a crop, they give them to me.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I love your penguin LO, Gelidy! I'm figuring the top rounded edge is deco-scissored. I have the same scissors, plus many others, but am always afraid to use them since everyone says they're passé...but I guess I don't see the difference between using them and an edge punch. Maybe that will be a 2013 resolution...start using my deco scissors. Your LO inspired me :>)

I only scrap with my daughter, but she (and Hubby) would probably say I'm known for having to buy whatever is available I don't buy a few favorite stickles...I own every color. Ditto with Liquid Pearls. Now I'm working on ink pads and fluid chalks, even though I seldom do stamping. I'm really thinking about starting a Copic collection, but knowing me, I wouldn't be content until I owned them all...and that would be expensive! And, would I ever actually use them? Probably not. I guess I'm a collector, not a scrapper ~Judy

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to mrsdriver5

I'm known for getting messy with inks and paints and stains etc and lots of experimenting!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

Oh-and Judy-I think we all (scrappers) have a little bit of collector in us. It's part of the hobby. Some may have MORE of a need to collect than others, but that is a whole other issue

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Kim222

I agree that scrapping, or any hobby, and collecting go hand-in-hand, but some of us could probably use some therapy ~Judy

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

...speaking of which...has anyone used the Martha Stewart Crafters Clay? I noticed it on the J's site and it looks interesting, but wondered if anyone had tried using it, or any other clay, for embellishments? I'm going to go see if the sb store carries it~(Just what I need...something else to buy and collect!)~Judy

Oh no, sb does carry them and I want them all...and I don't even know if they work good, but the alphabet mold looks like fun!)

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

I have a few gallons of buttons. But probably what I am known for .... is anything PINK. When I look in my gallery, I always think that I need to start using something other than pink.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I have used that crafters clay, I love it! I need to bust it out again and make some corners. You can do a lot with it.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to pinkpaperairedale

Glad you liked it, Manda. I ordered the Heirloom kit for my daughter and the Nature for me, plus got her the alphabet mold. Hope I didn't waste money on them. She wanted nesties for Christmas, but figured she needed something else to play with also (and hopefully she'll bring it all to my house to play with sometime!).~Judy

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

I have some of the clay too. It's so easy, it just seems wrong. I painted mine after they dried, but saw where easier if put drop of paint in when you mix it.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to SherylEb

They are very pretty dusted with mica. I need some more molds!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to Manda_K

Ooh. That's a good idea! I'll have to try it. I sprayed one with mists and wasn't exactly the look I wanted, but it was ok. I think too much moisture. Mica would look good. I bet could dust with chalk maybe too.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to SherylEb

I guess I'd have to say that I'm known for my bows,,,,,,

and my spellbinders, although I can't quite figure that one out,,,,,lots of people have more than I do.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Cricutgirlg

Cricut Cartridges and flowers

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to CommaHolly

• CommaHolly Said:
I guess I'd have to say that I'm known for my bows,,,,,,

and my spellbinders, although I can't quite figure that one out,,,,,lots of people have more than I do.

Yep-your bows are GORGEOUS Holly!!

And the reason you're known for the spellbinders is not due to the amount you have, its for the beautiful things you make with them!!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Kim222

and the fact that you talk them up to unsuspecting innocent scrappers like a drug dealer ...

"Come here little girl .... I have some nice Nesties for you .... no, they're not addictive at all"

teresa0817
Expert
teresa0817
In response to madmatter

I try to put a bird or butterfly on every LO I do. I love them!

JustMaxine
Tenant
JustMaxine
In response to teresa0817

Eyelets. Yes I still love them and all of my layouts have at least one eyelet on it somewhere! I am also known as the one who cannot scrap without my perfect layers rulers.

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics