Username Post: distress ink question        (Topic#1583267)
Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse

I wanted to use a stamp and I wanted brown ink and didn't have any. So I used my distress ink. It worked fine. Is there any reason why I shouldn't use distress ink for stamping?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-09-12 11:45 AM
In response to Lunareclipse

No reason whatsoever, I mostly stamp with Distress. It may not give as crisp an image as other inks, but I like the look a lot. Just be aware of whatever other mediums you may be using - like if you want to color something after you've stamped, Distress might smear.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to stick

I agree with Stick, I use it all the time....
Try sprinkling some clear embossing powder over the image after you stamp and then heat emboss...makes the image stand out but the colour is still there...

Alison

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to kiyawinn

Alison, thats a neat idea! Love that, may give that a try with text stamps or even me magnolia stamps.....

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
Try sprinkling some clear embossing powder over the image after you stamp and then heat emboss...makes the image stand out but the colour is still there...

Alison

I will have to try that. What do I use to heat emboss something? I don';t even know what emboss is.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I do it but it works differently on some stamps, but yeah, I love distress ink.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

• Lunareclipse Said:
  • kiyawinn Said:

Alison

I will have to try that. What do I use to heat emboss something? I don';t even know what emboss is.

Here are two how-to's:
http://www.scrapbook.com/tips/doc/16695/10.html
http://www.scrapbook.com/tips/doc/2373/10.html

For further info, literally the very first result when you Google "heat emboss" is a tutorial by Stampin' Up. Using the Google will also bring up some tutorial videos on YouTube.

I've listed some tools below, which are also available at Joann's and similar stores. Do not try using a hair dryer instead of investing in a heat gun.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to aquabunny

No reason at all!!! If you like the result...some stamps can look slightly disorted but I would say most are perfect fine!! I love distressing inks!!!

Lunareclipse
Veteran
Lunareclipse
In response to binkiemonstermom

Thank you guys.

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet

I love distress inks! I am VERY slowly collecting a full set - will be my first full set of any inks.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to scrapsweet

I absolutely love distress inks!! You can do so many things with them!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics