Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Paper Stacks        (Topic#1583269)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to t-scraps

Darla - I've only ever purchased 3 stacks for the very reasons you named. Just too many I never use.

But I took all of those apart a few months ago becuase I realized I had had them for years and never opened them.

ckair 
Resident
  • ckair on 12-11-12 06:46 AM
In response to Henri Jean

I almost donated all my paper stacks, but then I found a use for them!! I use them to make envelopes for the cards I make. going to look for a christmas paper pack on sale for next year's cards.

ckair 
Resident
  • ckair on 12-11-12 06:46 AM

I almost donated all my paper stacks, but then I found a use for them!! I use them to make envelopes for the cards I make. going to look for a christmas paper pack on sale for next year's cards.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ckair

That is a great idea - to have envlopes that match your Chrsitmas cards.

I'm not a cardmaker at all - don't go near making cards because its not fun or relaxing to me. Cardmaking is pressure to me and I do not like it.

But if I did, I would definitely use your idea!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.

i keep mine together, including the scraps - tuck them under the top cover. Since I tend to search through the stacks first - and the stack covers show all the colors and patterns for most stacks - it's easy to know right away if the stack is suitable in pallette/style to what you have in mind. if it is, i pull it out, find the main color - and sometimes the matching pattern from the same stack will "call" to me)).. yep, stack hoarder here))
money wise, you buy separate pages of cardstock for $1 each page, or you buy 180 pages for $20 - even if you use half of the stack (say, 100 pages) - what's cheaper?

sabine
sabine 
Idol
sabine
In response to t-scraps

I wished I had kept mine together. I sorted them all by colors and designs (stripes, flowers, etc) and now I find it much harder to match them.I keep all of my SU papers together now and it's so much easier.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to t-scraps

I used to take them apart and then I found that paper is damaged easier when it is separate. So that didn't work out. But I also lost information on the manufacturer and the name of the stack. When you're submitting work for publication you must have that information. The great thing is that if you need Christmas paper, or girly paper, or whatever...stacks are coordinated so you will find your paper much easier.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Crafting Marfa

For me its cheaper to buy individual, even at $1 a page because when I buy the packs there are very few I use. I almost bought a pack a few weeks ago and realized I would use 4 sheets so for the same money I got a lot of papers I really liked.

And even when if I bought the packs I would still buy all the individual pages that I do now. I just more attracted to and more likely to use individual pages.

For me personally, indivudual is more cost efficient because if I only use a few sheets per pack, it just doens't make sense for me to buy packs. Now I don't even look at them becuase I don't want to buy papers I won't use.

Forgot about one pack I bought last year for $35.00. I loved one page and there were 2 copies of the paper. I pulled out the 2 papers I wanted and gave the rest to the breast cancer research volunteer. I went through the pages a dozen times but there just wasn't anything else I would use.

My best friend here buys card packs and loves them - she uses every page! And her scrapbook pages are awesome. I'm just too picky about every page I use when I know I get rid of some beautiful pages but they just aren't my taste.

I seriously need to stick to the individual because I'm going to buy it anyway.

Saw an interesting post on another thread where someone said several of them buy pads and then take what they want and pass them on to the others. That would be a great idea!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Ive took apart and left together, depending on what kind of stack it is.

I use extra paper for envelopes. Especially at Christmas time. The papers left from previous years papers I just had to have, make really cute envelopes for this years cards.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to AllBoys4Babs

I keep mine together. I do store them with the correct type. like themes go in my theme papers drawers & the solids go on my paper shelf with the cardstock

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to SherylEb

I've never taken apart, but once it's mostly used up I would. I would never buy a stack unless I like all of the paper. There is a stack that I like but don't love that I really just want ONE sheet out of called Twinkle Twinkle....really want that one sheet so I keep watching for it in single sheet. I think it's My Minds Eye. I have tons of stacks but I like all of the paper in it with only minor exceptions. If I find an exceptional deal on Twinkle, I might break down and get it.

But, this is a good idea about cards. That might encourage me to get it too!

Edited by CrimsonMama on 12-12-12 05:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to anda11

Im very protective and anal about my paper pads, I would never, ever take them apart. But I guess everyone has their quirks.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Mia1979

I get really annoyed flipping through endless pads trying to find the "perfect paper". I think in colors, so it makes sense for me to tear the stacks apart and keep them in Iris-type containers in somewhat of a ROYGBIV order. I keep the fronts of the stacks, so it's easy to flip through them and find which stack my paper came out of so I can ID it if I post it to the Gallery.

I do keep Iris boxes separately for a few themes, like Christmas, Halloween and travel. I like the boxes better than open shelves because the paper stays clean and it's easy to lift up and flip through. Guess I'm a flipper :>) ~Judy

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 12-12-12 03:26 PM
In response to prittb

• prittb Said:
My stacks stay together too.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Bev1

together.

stacks "go" together, so I prefer to store them together so I can use them together.

for that reason, I sort my paper by theme.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics