Username Post: Another Distress Ink Question        (Topic#1583275)
Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit

I have been slowly acquiring throughout the year refills for my Distress Inks (many of which seem to be on the dry side at the time of purchase). This past week I re-inked quite a few of them and did the rest this afternoon -- all except Aged Mahogany. That particular refill bottle is as thick as sludge and is therefore useless. This bottle had not been previously opened. I sent an e-mail to Ranger but have not yet received any reply. Do any of you know whether this ink can be thinned and, if so, with what? Thanks for any suggestions.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Ms. Fit

I believe it can be diluted with water but I would wait to hear from ranger. They are great with customer service.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Sneezy1956

I agree, wait till you hear from them.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to binkiemonstermom

Another vote to wait to hear from Ranger but I'm pretty sure water wouldn't hurt it.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit

Well, everyone was right! Ranger does have excellent customer service. I still do not know if the inks can be thinned with water or anything else, but they are sending me a new bottle! Wow! I never expected that. Since I will have a new bottle and there is therefore no risk of loss, I think I'll experiment with that sludge and see if anything works. Thanks to you all for answering.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Ms. Fit

Yes, since you can experiment with the old bottle, let us know if water will thin it for future ref.

That's awesome news from Ranger, you got to love them for that.

And I've got all the new colors from SB.com today!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to CrimsonMama

I knew they would do something for you! they and a few others have amazing customer service

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

I want to thank you guys for this thread ... I have a bottle of Walnut Stain distress stain that turned green and I was just going to toss it (or use it when I wanted green).

Because of this thread, I contacted Ranger Ink and sent them a pic of the bottle and the color ... they are sending me a new bottle ... yeah!

I love good customer service!

max28
max28 
Tenant
max28
  • max28 on 12-14-12 09:44 AM
In response to madmatter

That's an awesome tip, will do that next time! I usually tossed my ink..

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics