Username Post: Vellum adhesive?        (Topic#1583281)
FairleeA
New Kid On the Block
FairleeA

Hi all!
I'm not super product-savvy and I'm in need of some help. Until today I disliked vellum paper, but then I used it for a 'blowing bubbles' page and it's just wonderful! What type of adhesive should I use with vellum? I tried PVA and ModPodge... but they both show through. Is there an 'invisable' glue that I'm not aware of?!
Thanks so much!

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to FairleeA

I always use the one from Creative Memories. Its a little pricey but it works!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-10-12 01:39 PM
In response to Fargomutt

The only 'invisible' glue is one that will cover the entire back surface. I use 3M Photo Mount spray adhesive a lot. I also use my Xyron. Sometimes I use mechanical means - such as brads or eyelets. You can also consider using whatever adhesive you want and using an embellishment to hide it.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to stick

What Stick said.

I have some vellum adhesive. Not my favorite. It's a little tedious to use, and not invisible.
On some colors/types of vellum, it is less noticeable, but definitely not invisible.

Products Referenced in This Post:

FairleeA
New Kid On the Block
FairleeA
In response to stick

Thank you! What is Xyron?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-10-12 07:57 PM
In response to FairleeA

• FairleeA Said:
Thank you! What is Xyron?

Xyron is a 'sticker maker,' you roll an item through the machine and it puts adhesive on the back of it - like double-sided tape that fits the shape of your item perfectly. They make several sizes. I use the 1.5" and the 2.5" a lot. For bigger sizes I prefer to use spray adhesive, but some people still prefer to use xyron.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics