Username Post: Which software program should I choose for digital scrapbooking?        (Topic#1583289)
veronicaskisses
Resident
veronicaskisses

Hi Can you recommend a software program I should use for digital scrapbooking. I know about photoshop but is there other programs out there?

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to veronicaskisses

I love Creative Memories Storybook Creator software. They offer a 30 day free trial. Thought I'd use this digital program to "catch up" but loved it so much I'm 100% digital now after almost 4 years.

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 12-10-12 07:25 PM
In response to Jessica G-B

Memory Mixer...the easiest and I love it!! Just go to memorymixer dot com and check it out and it is inexpensive.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-10-12 07:52 PM
In response to charK

I love Photoshop Elements

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to stick

Someone told me today that you could not use Photoshop Elements without 1st having regular Photoshop, that it was just an add-on. I think they didn't know what they were talking about, but since I wasn't positive, I didn't wanna argue and look dumb, lol!! Are they right or am I?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to flintridgescrapper

Judy, you are right. I own Photoshop Elements, but not Photoshop.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

Photoshop Elements has components of Photoshop...it doesn't have all of the bells and whistles. However, it has a lot of power:)

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to HisGEM

Thanks, ladies. I love being right, lol, especially when arguing with a boss.

ncborn
ncborn 
Tenant
ncborn

I now use Craft Artist 2 and now also have Photoshop Elements 10. I love them both and constantly learning new things which I love too! You also may want to check out the Digital topic down toward the bottom of the Forum index and then click on What program do you use as there are lots of different programs mentioned and a list of who uses what program. Have fun. Great possibilities with digital and standard scrapbooking.

max28
max28 
Tenant
max28
  • max28 on 12-11-12 09:57 AM
In response to ncborn

I'd also recommend Keynote if you have a mac. Very simple and I had great results with it!

rebeccakeppel
Idol
rebeccakeppel
In response to max28

Another vote for Photoshop Elements--unless you're a professional photographer the full Photoshop program is unnecessary IMO. But elements can do most of it, is more user friendly and doesnt cost an arm and a leg

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to rebeccakeppel

Stampin' Up has a digital software, MDS2. I have only played with it just a little bit so I am not sure that I am really the best to tell you its positives or negatives.

They do have free digital downloads from time to time. Totally free!!!! I know they are designed to use in MDS but I am sure they could be used in elements as well! FREE is always good. Right now there is a free Christmas tag.
You can see details on my blog if you are interested in downloading it!!!

http://3monkeysthrowingar oundsomepaper.blogspot.com/201...

Edited by binkiemonstermom on 12-11-12 12:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to binkiemonstermom

Creative memories is my favorite but I also use photoshop elements a lot. Keynote is great for pictures on my iPad as all my computers are PC.

scrappercaz
Governor
scrappercaz
In response to thehappyscrapper8

Another vote for Photoshop Elements. All the freedom of a programme that's not created just for scrapbooking but not the (IMO) overwhelming technicalities of Photoshop itself

New Kid On the Block
In response to scrappercaz

I tried a lot of software, but I would also give photoshop my vote. If you really want to make a professional scrapbook, then photoshop is the one to go. It has endless possibilities and the results are stunning. It takes quite long to get along with it, however. This is of course due to its complexity and the big amount of features.

Regarding apps for scrapbooking, I just found a great iPhone app on this forum yesterday. It's called memorabledays.

You can't really create a scrapbook for yourself there, but you can enter great memories from your life and it shows them to you in a beautiful way. I love it as it also reminds you on these days

You can find it here: http://tinyurl.com/memorabledays2

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics