Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Music While Scrapbooking        (Topic#1583311)
New Kid On the Block

What sort of music, if you do, do you listen to when you scrapbook. Is it a specific artist, song, band, album, genre, etc. Leave your answers below- I'm curious to know (It rhymes!! Haha)

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Maddy166

Rock and Roll and Sports Radio!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to CrimsonMama

I always have the tv going. But if I had to listen to music while scrapping it'd be Country music. But being Christmas time i'd be listening to the classic Christmas songs from my time life christmas cds.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Cindyckj

If I have tv or radio or any thing on it slows me way down and kills my concentration because I stop to listen or sing along. I have to have it very quiet when I scrap.

I put on music one day this week and accomplished nearly nothing. I tend to be distracted by music and really get into it and nothing else gets done.

Can do housework to music but not scrapping, writing, or anything else that requires me to think.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to Cindyckj

All depends on my mood, what I'm working on, and what's readily available. I have very eclectic taste although it tends to be "stuck in the 80's". Anything from Poison to Kenny G. I often listen to movie soundtracks (Little Mermaid, Top Gun, Grease), musicals, Bon Jovi, Billy Joel. I listen to what I call "spa music" (that relaxing instrumental music they play, like waves crashing, birds chirping, etc.), I have several music CD's in foreign languages and if I'm in the mood for live radio I listen to current country music. And this time of year I listen to xmas music.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to disneylisa

I am another one who has to have it quite.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to prittb

I tend to listen to whatever I am currently into. Right now, it is Jack White, Adam Lambert, Ellie Goulding, fun. and Muse.

I will toss some others into the mix, but I like listening to an entire album.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Manda_K

I listen to my sirius "The Blend" is my favorite channel. It plays everything from Elton John and Madonna to Colbie Callait and Daughtry. My favorite bands right now are the Plain White T's, Fray, Script, and Jason Mraz. It really mixes the music well from late 70's to today--

Right now it is Christmas all the way

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Manda_K

None!
I watch stand-up comedy shows on Netflix while I scrap!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Doreena

Until very recently I didn't listen to anything at all (setting up my MP3 player to run through anything but headphones was a pain), but a couple weeks ago I got my first iPod ever, and that has its own built-in speaker. So I've been listening to the Oldies, Classic Rock, and 90s Alternative stations on Pandora the last few weeks while crafting and sewing and wrapping gifts (rather than my own music collection, which I use a lot at work, where I have no wi-fi connection, and Pandora keeps me from getting sick of my own collection after hearing it during the day).

mjmone
mjmone 
Idol
mjmone
In response to aquabunny

• Quote:
ll depends on my mood, what I'm working on, and what's readily available. I have very eclectic taste....

same here, the scrappin' 'standards' would be Michael Buble, and soundtracks, like Remember the Titans or Love Actually.
When in the mood for something upbeat, Fergie and Christina (still think her Stripped is one of the best cd's ever).
Also listen to a lot of Contemporary Christian, esp Jeremy Camp, ...and Country, The Band Perry...and this year for Christmas will pulled out Casting Crowns and Lady Antebellum.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to mjmone

I like to scrap with the tv on. I normally put on my DVRd Supernatural episodes...I think I know they by heart by now but love to watch them!!! I can put on anything that I have seen before, otherwise I watch the show or movie and don't scrap.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to binkiemonstermom

Love "Supernatural"!!!
And I watch Stand-up comedy for the same reason...you don't have to actually watch it to enjoy it!
I tried watching movies while scrapping and Iwould catch myself either missing parts of the movie and getting confused, or neglecting my scrapping!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to binkiemonstermom

I always have something going- if my DGD isn't here, I usually watch (listen) to the ID channel- all true crime shows- don't know why, I'm really not a morbid person.
Music- I mostly put my Iphone on the docking station and I have a wide varity of music there.
Motown,Michael Buble, Kid Rock, Guns & Roses, Randy Travis, Alan Jackson, Smashmouth, Maroon5, They Fray, O.A.R, LMFAO,Usher, Josh Grobin, Dolly Parton, Bette Midler, Eminem, I don't listen to classical or techno , but maybe everything inbetween!!

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to ChansGram

I'm a music fiend when it comes to scrapping. Must. Have. My. Tunes! I listen to everything from opera (Pavarotti) to the Gaithers to U2 to modern country music. Anything that catches my ear on that particular day. I listen through my iPod or through iTunes on my computer - I can see the song titles better that way than on the iPod. I just singsingsing and scrapscrapscrap away!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to meezerpleaser

I almost (always) have to have either a movie or a youtube playlist going while I'm working. I tend to be a creature of habit & listen to a lot of the same songs or artist.

- Taylor Swift

- Kelly Clarkson

- Rascal Flatts

- Third Day

- Newsboys

- Jeremy Camp

- Britt Nicole

- Kari Jobe

- Christmas music (this month)

- 80's music mix

As for shows or movies...I tend to put on Hoarders, since I can just listen vs. actually watching. It's sort of crazy, but somehow it inspires me to focus & keep using up my supplies!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to meezerpleaser

For the past few months My iPod has been set to play all oldies,,even my daughter has been getting into them lately.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to armygirl

Well, I haven't been able to watch anything other than YouTube tutorials since I recently got my Cameo but now that's about to change. I got an 24" LED TV on Black Friday so I'm going to be able to watch my shows that I have on DVR while I'm scrapping. As per Music, I set my iPod to Shuffle and whatever comes on that's it. Whether is Michael Bublé Christmas song to My humps by Black Eyed Peas. Don't laugh, I just adapt very well depending on the circumstances...lol!!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
As for shows or movies...I tend to put on Hoarders, since I can just listen vs. actually watching. It's sort of crazy, but somehow it inspires me to focus & keep using up my supplies!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I love that show but I can't sit and watch it; I develop a compulsive need to clean or organize while watching.

I either listen to iTunes (mostly country and classic rock) or have Fox News on for background noise. Fox News is on almost 24/7 at my house because I don't like silence!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to *jesse*

Good thread!! My radio is usually set to a local country station, because country is SOOOO easy to sing along to! I love Christmas music, whenever!! I loved my XM radio, before I crashed my car with XM/Sirius radio in it. When I had wifi in the DR/scraproom, I would play Pandora on my Kindle. I love all kinds of rock from the 80's, head-banging, hair bands like Def Leppard n Van Halen n Guns n Roses, then 80's n 90's dance music, Stevie B. n TKA, Madonna... I LOVE to listen to Spanish guitar music...think Antonio Banderas in Desperado...whoa!! So rhythmic, sensual and emotional! Try a listen on pandora!! and prob one of my faves right now is Pitbull...love the beats!!! One of my all time FAVORITE artists is, drumroll please...Barry Manilow!! God, he's great! And who doesn't know the words to Copa Cabana? All that having been said, I really have to watch that i am scrapping, and not singing n dancing!!

Edited by Juansmom on 12-12-12 10:47 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics