Page 3 of 3 
Username Post: Music While Scrapbooking        (Topic#1583311)
scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet
In response to mj scrappin'

First of all, DH and I watch Supernatural too, who knew so many scrappers were fans!

I either have on a movie/ show that I've seen a million times (so I'm less distracted) or some music. Such as: Notting Hill, New In Town, Anchorman, Saved by the Bell, Glee, etc, etc.

I like all different kinds of music, so it varies, but often I like to listen to music relevant to what I'm scrapbooking. If I'm scrapbooking a concert I went to, I'll play that artist. If I'm scrapping a certain time of my life, I'll play music that makes me think of that time.

Often though my background noise is that of my DH's video games. :-) He has a man-cave, but sometimes we like to just be in the same room so he'll come out to the living room by me and play. Some of his games actually have somewhat soothing sounds, like Assassin's Creed, Fable, Minecraft.

Pink Spoonbill
Diva
Pink Spoonbill
In response to scrapsweet

I can't scrapbook unless there is music. I listen to everything except rap and country. Right now, I'm into nuevo flamenico music. But I can go from classical to heavy metal to alternate in a flash. I LOVE music.

Great thread!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Pink Spoonbill

I did pop a video in today becuase I was just gluing tons of die cuts that have been stacking up so when I'm ready for them, they are ready to use.

Michaels had a selection of sappy Christmas movies yesterday for $6.99 each so I bought 5.

While gluing I watched the Christmas Shoes. Oh my. That got to me. Then I learned the music was by NewSong.

I remember them so well - they sang in our church frequently and donated sound systems to several of the churches in our area, including ours.

In one of our Christmas Catatas that I sang in Bobby from NewSong was in it and also sang a couple solos. I loved it when he sang "I am determined" with us backing him up. His death was such a shock and watching that movie with NewSong in the background singing the theme song hit me kind of hard even though they recorded for the movie after Bobby's death.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Cindyckj

• Cindyckj Said:
I always have the tv going. But if I had to listen to music while scrapping it'd be Country music. But being Christmas time i'd be listening to the classic Christmas songs from my time life christmas cds.

Wow! I didn't realize I had already replied! This is exactly what I would say! Love my Time Life Christmas cds and country music, but I almost always listen to the tv while I scrap.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
  • Cindyckj Said:
I always have the tv going. But if I had to listen to music while scrapping it'd be Country music. But being Christmas time i'd be listening to the classic Christmas songs from my time life christmas cds.

Wow! I didn't realize I had already replied! This is exactly what I would say! Love my Time Life Christmas cds and country music, but I almost always listen to the tv while I scrap.

I love those cds too. That's Christmas music I remember from my childhood by the people I remember.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
I did pop a video in today becuase I was just gluing tons of die cuts that have been stacking up so when I'm ready for them, they are ready to use.

Michaels had a selection of sappy Christmas movies yesterday for $6.99 each so I bought 5.

While gluing I watched the Christmas Shoes. Oh my. That got to me. Then I learned the music was by NewSong.

I remember them so well - they sang in our church frequently and donated sound systems to several of the churches in our area, including ours.

In one of our Christmas Catatas that I sang in Bobby from NewSong was in it and also sang a couple solos. I loved it when he sang "I am determined" with us backing him up. His death was such a shock and watching that movie with NewSong in the background singing the theme song hit me kind of hard even though they recorded for the movie after Bobby's death.

Christmas shoes? Is that the one about the little boy wanting to buy shoes for his mom that's dying? If so when that song comes on the radio I start bawling right away. Love that song.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Cindyckj

Yes - that is the one. Such a sweet story. Even though it was sad and I don't like sad movies, this one was good.

I'm in the middle of the next one - The Christmas Blessing. Its good so far too.

But you have to like those sweet Christmas movies.

teresa0817
Expert
teresa0817
In response to Juansmom

First thing I do is put on the ADULT alternative station on my computer. I can't scrap without it!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to Juansmom

Music is distracting for me. Ironically, the TV doesn't bother me. In fact, it becomes like white noise and actually it helps me concentrate.

Andra Hoffman
Resident
Andra Hoffman
In response to Crafting Marfa

Definitely would be 80's!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Lunareclipse

Classical, if anything...no singing..too distracting. I too scrap in silence when I'm alone.
Dh usually has the tv on and it's hard to ignore it but I try to.

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to dollscrap

I don't get to scrap much at home, but when I go to crops, I usually listen to Def Leppard, Theory of a Deadman, Breaking Benjamin, New Edition, and pretty much anything else other than classical, opera and hardcore rap.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to rubymillerand

I am an 80's music fan all the way! I do like classic rock too but the 80's with Duran Duran, Billy Idol, Cindy Lauper, Joan Jet, The Cars...all that was the stuff I listened to when I was in High School and I still love it. The man gets tired of it easily and cranks his Diablo game to tune it out! Christmas music is good too tho, a little Andy Williams can make my day any time of year!

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to catzscrapper

I can listen to Christmas music all year long. But it's frowned upon in April!
Other times I listen to anything except rock. Just not my cup of tea. I love how everyone listens to such a wide range of music.

julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to Juansmom

Whatever is in my itunes or if no one is home I have the telly on the music channels

Page 3 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics