Page 5 of 216 
Username Post: Jan.~March Secret Sisters...closed for this round        (Topic#1583319)
parisdame
Diva
parisdame
In response to thinkpink22

• thinkpink22 Said:
  • Sassy Suzi Said:
Can I be my Secret Sister? I promise to be a good one. I will check in often, only send fun stuff that I know I really want, and will be very creative as to keeping it a secret.

Consider yourself your own sister then Suzi...shhhhh, don't tell.

Now that made me laugh!!!!

parisdame
Diva
parisdame

Sandra hugs to you today.

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to parisdame

Have a good night everyone!

Charisma3103
Governor
Charisma3103

• thinkpink22 Said:
I'm multi-talented that way, I can make the food and the guests as well!

ROFL!!!!! I know that feeling Kimberly I'm right there with you heheheh

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle
In response to Charisma3103

Evening ladies. I worked long and hard today. I'm heading to bed here in a minute.

I'm making lasagna and ceasar salad. Most of the guests are bringing sides, deserts, or appetizers. Dane, Bree and the kids, Jarrod Teresa and the kids, Bree parents,maybe Teresa's mom, my sister and family, and Michelle will come by. Maybe John's daughter if she gets off work in time. So we'll be having quite a few people here. It will be great but I still have so much to do!!! I haven't even wrapped anything. Or finished shopping for that mater.

Off to bed. Another hectic day tomorrow.

Edited by Deb-doodle on 12-20-12 07:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Deb-doodle
Queen
Deb-doodle

• thinkpink22 Said:
I'm multi-talented that way, I can make the food and the guests as well!

Sassy Suzi
Diva
Sassy Suzi
In response to Deb-doodle

Anytime you have a meal at your house Kimberly its a huge family gathering.

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Sassy Suzi

Pink you are too funny! My family's favorite Xmas tradition is getting together with their cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents playing games for white elephant prizes. I didn't make enough of my own kiddos to have our own party like you can. I envy you and wish we were able to have had more. BUT our family is growing with our first grandson due March 29

Whatever you all do for the holidays, enjoy them ladies!

Drayia
Drayia 
Diva
Drayia
In response to tinadn

I was discussing this yesterday with my mom. My DH and I with the kids are going to his mom's house this year for Christmas which leaves my mom on her own. I was concerned until she told me she will be getting together with 4 of her friends, all single seniors, to celebrate. 3 of them have experienced the loss of a spouce or loved one in the last couple of months so it will be good for them all to have friends to celebrate with. She told me it might not be family but they feel like family to each other. I reminded her that she raised me that holidays were about family and friends, and that family does not mean the ones we are born to but also the ones we pick to be our "family". I am glad she will have ppl around her that are her choose family

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Drayia

Sounds like she has a perfect day planned!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to tinadn

Sandra...I just saw your post, I'm so sorry about your furry friend.

Tina~your family Christmas sounds delightful. And I'm so excited for you to be having a grandson soon...how amazing! Congrats grandma...he will be one lucky little baby to have you!

Debbie~I KNOW that there is no way on earth your house is so dirty that nobody will want to eat! I say, if keeping a house dirty like that made people come and clean and not even eat...bring on the dirt! I'm totally kidding...but just once I'd love to have one of the kids say that they couldn't rest until they had cleaned something up! That makes me smile just to think of...now I know what I want for Christmas!

I went out with an old friend today and just had the best time! I am just sitting here smiling to myself thinking of it. I had a GREAT day!

I ordered a couple gifts and Dan is actually off from now till after Christmas so we can get everything done together! I have hope we will anyway!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22
In response to Sassy Suzi

• Sassy Suzi Said:
Anytime you have a meal at your house Kimberly its a huge family gathering.

It really is and now that the two older ones work and Dan and I work different schedules, it's not often that we all sit down together anymore. I miss that!

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

bump

thinkpink22
Mayor
thinkpink22

Hey girls...just wanted to ask your opinion on something. Some of the ladies I work with have these necklaces made from Origami Owl...I've never seen them before or been to a party but I was wondering if any of you had them and what you thought? They aren't real expensive either. I wouldn't be getting one for a while, but I just thought they were totally neat and seemed like jewelry a scrapbooker would wear! Seriously, they have these glass lockets that you pick out all the different little charms or metal plates with words or whatever to go inside it to display. I was loving just looking at all the options. Well, let me know what you guys think or if you know about them. I have been focusing so long on buying scrap stuff (YEARS) that I have neglected every other kind of shopping (except for kids, food, the necessities, of course) I was shocked at all the goodies out there...it's fun to window shop and dream!

Tina scraps
Governor
Tina scraps

Just got off the phone with my mom, and my brother is working christmas day. He works at a theater, and that's his only job and he doesn't have many hours (he got fired from his previous job), so he really can't say no. If it weren't for living with my mom, who's helping with his bills, he'd really be up a creek without a paddle. As it is, they're barely paying bills.

But with him working, my mother doesn't plan to cook until late in the day, which just doesn't make sense for us. and quite frankly my brother doesn't care if he sees us or not. Mom doesn't know if he's working christmas eve, and I don't know yet if Jason's working christmas eve - though his restaurant closes at 6, if he's working till 6 he's not going to want to go visiting after a long day on his feet.

So now I'm wondering if we may as well just go to Jason's sister's house for chinese food.

littlemisslinda
Resident
littlemisslinda

Hello ladies!
Please count meeee in!!!

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to littlemisslinda

Hi everyone!

Almost ready for Christmas here. My side Of the fam celebrates Christmas Eve and we go to dh's side on Christmas Day (his dads) and his moms on Boxing Day. I started my shopping on Tuesday and just have the kids left to shop for. Menu is planned just gotta execute it now oh ya and buy all the stuff for it

Our tradition that I'm really looking forward to is our secret Santa gift exchange. We include the entire family and always play silly games.

littleMRSimelda
Diva
littleMRSimelda
In response to littleMRSimelda

Littlemisslinda is my real life sister. I vouch for her. She won't flake because I know where she lives and she is only about 25 min from my house!

sasload4
Governor
sasload4
In response to littleMRSimelda

Evening ladies.

Still didn't get anything done today, don't know if Christmas will get done in time

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to sasload4

My 1st (oldest) sister, her son and granddaughter, and my 3rd sister will be here about 4 on Christmas. So my brother and his family will be coming here for a full Christmas dinner. DSIL wanted to just do sandwiches if we went to their house... and I only made 2 guests, so I'm going to wait until dinner to have the Christmas feast. My other sister will be here on the 27th for a few hours before the other sisters have to leave...so we'll have leftovers that day.

I've planned the menu, noe I just have to make a shopping list and clean the house.

Page 5 of 216 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics