Username Post: Best adhesive for 6x8 photos to card stock        (Topic#1583349)
New Kid On the Block

What's the best adhesive for completely adhering back-to-back scrapbook paper OR back-to-back photo to paper...without wrinkling.

PROJECT: I'm using 6x8 photos for each day of my Daily December. They are glued to a 6x8 card stock for the back of the page, punched and put in a ring binder...no page protector, so the photo and the card stock become the page.

I started with tape runner in each corner like I always do for smaller photos, but realized that's not the best solution. They need to be completely adhered together so they are sturdier easier to turn the pages. Currently, they have a tendency to try and separate when you turn the pages.

thanks!! (i currently use tape runner and redline for ribbon and smaller things)

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to mtnmama125

My opinion is that you could use your tape runner but go all the way around the outside edges and put some in the middle. That would keep the pages from gapping apart. But, if you really want the whole entire thing covered with adhesive-the Xyron is the only way to go! And if you are doing pieces that are 6" wide, you would need the 9" machine. But, they do work really, really well!! Good luck whatever you decide.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita

• mtnmama125 Said:
What's the best adhesive for completely adhering back-to-back scrapbook paper OR back-to-back photo to paper...without wrinkling.

PROJECT: I'm using 6x8 photos for each day of my Daily December. They are glued to a 6x8 card stock for the back of the page, punched and put in a ring binder...no page protector, so the photo and the card stock become the page.

I started with tape runner in each corner like I always do for smaller photos, but realized that's not the best solution. They need to be completely adhered together so they are sturdier easier to turn the pages. Currently, they have a tendency to try and separate when you turn the pages.

thanks!! (i currently use tape runner and redline for ribbon and smaller things)

What you need is Yes! glue.
Products Referenced in This Post:

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Rosita

ATG!

Edited by JLarsen747 on 12-18-12 08:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Rosita

Thanks for your responses. I actually have Yes! paste. In fact, I used it on this project and it wrinkled horribly, which prompted me to write this post.

After your recommendation, I figured there must be something I was missing about the Yes! because I have never figured out how to use it without it wrinkling my paper. It is waaay too thick/dry/tacky to use or spread with a paint or sponge brush. This is the way it came when I bought it. So I have always thinned it with water, which always wrinkles my pages.

So, I just searched YouTube for some demos...lo and behold, mine is probably too dried out! (which seems obvious in hindsight, but when the product comes that way...that's how I thought it was supposed to be.) I just added water, stirred it up and now it looks like the consistency in the videos.

Thanks for the product rec....I can now use a product I already had! Awesome!

Diva

Very good ideas. Never heard of Yes! Glue/paste!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics