Username Post: Christmas Gift        (Topic#1583445)
jortiz 
New Kid On the Block

Help, I'm not a scrap booker but my wife is. I'm looking for christmas gift suggestions. What would be a nice gift(s). She loves to make Cards and photo albums out of paper bags..(go figure). Happy wife is a happy life She is asking for a paper cutter, any suggestions or anything else that you would like to have as a gift. Her current cutter is this small slide thing. Please help me.

Thanks in advance for you help.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to jortiz

You can never go wrong with a gift card!

Paper,adhesive and various stickers/embellies Perhaps some blank cards with envelopes
A subscription to a card making magazine

Have her sign up for this site and create a wish list. Better hurry though..

Good luck!
Products Referenced in This Post:

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Get her a gift card from here, Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Archivers (if you have them). Card makers like ribbons, buttons, washi tape, etc. I would buy something small and hide the gift card in the packaging.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to DittoBabyGirl

Since your wife has a slide cutter, I'll recommend my two favorite rotary cutters. They cut VERY nice but they are more pricey. The good point, you don't need to replace blades hardly ever because the blades are self sharping.

I love my genesis trimmer by Bonnie's Best. (you can google them, I won't post a link here due to board rules). But this is the most expensive trimmer I have ever seen but let me tell you it is NICE!!!! The rolls royce of trimmers!!!! AND 100% made in the USA if that is important to you. I recommend the light, it is wonderful. Truely the only trimmer you will ever need.
Now with that said, the genesis is not in everyone's price range. The cutterpillar is a nice second place. It is VERY similar to the genesis. The genesis is class A all around, great construction, great quality, great materials. The cutterpillar has more plastic on it but it is still nicely made. It also has a light bar on it. (you can google cutterpillar as well for more information).

Those are the two I use the most. I have a Stampin' Up trimmer that I love as well, but use it mostly for crops away from home since it is light weight and portable. But it is a slide trimmer and you said she already had one.

Does she like a certain store? Does she go to a local scrapbooking store? (the ladies there may be able to show you some new products that just came in...because as crafters, we can never had to many of anything!!!!!) Does she use a certain companies' products?

I would suggest a gift card for her. If she is a card maker, I am sure she has her own style and likes. She might like a certain company, she might like a certain weight of paper. Maybe set a dollar limit and tell her to order away!!!

"a happy wife is a happy life" you sound like a smart man!!!! And one that has been married for awhile!!! Love it!!!!

Edited by binkiemonstermom on 12-20-12 06:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to binkiemonstermom

I love, love, love my Making Memories trimmer. You can use a coupon to get it at the big box stores or you can get it here in the superstore. The blade is self-sharpening.

I am also a card maker more than a scrapbooker. I use buttons, ribbon, self-adhesive pearls and rhinestones, liquid pearls, glossy accents, KI gloo, a paper piercer, cutterbee scissors, copic markers, stamps, cats eye inks, and a white signo pen a lot. You could get her a little storage tote and fill it with stuff like that.

As for the copics, I wouldn't get those unless you feel her out about them first. They're expensive and some people don't really use them to color in stamped images like I do. They also need special ink (I've linked the Memento ink I use) and paper. I know that I love mine, though, and always got excited when I got them as gifts.

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw
In response to siameseplease

A gift card to this store would be a fabulous gift (I have asked my family for one!)...there are just soooo many things here and she can choose exactly what she wants. And since they have lots of specials and free shipping promos, she can make the money go even farther.

Diva
In response to bigredssw

Gift card is perfect and if you take her to shop in case she may run out of money, you can be there to assist her!!!!!!!

jortiz 
New Kid On the Block
In response to bayamonesa1

Thank you everyone for the suggestions and they are all very good. Siameseplease, the things you mentioned are right up her alley. She would really love the Genesis Trimmer. Thank you everyone for helping a clueless husband. You all helped me with my special gifts.

Diva
In response to jortiz

Hope the best Christmas for you and your wife!

Andra Hoffman
Resident
Andra Hoffman

I could see my husband doing this too! lol
Soooo I would be of no help, cuz I would suggest at least a $200.00 GC....just saying
Best of luck!!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

Have a great Christmas!!!!!

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

Ohhh well, let's see....paper...ummm...paper...oh yeah, and paper! lol ;-) OK, maybe I'm just thinking of myself...LOL Hmmm...here are a few ideas:

Stamps (polymer and/or with a wood block), Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels, Making Memories Tool Kit, lots and lots of paper stacks (for real, scrapbooker are addicted to it, not me of course! lol), a die cutting machine, glue (Aleene's tacky glue, glue dots, glue zots, see what she uses and get her more), decorative punches, gel pens in assorted colors, pretty stickers, journaling tags, decorative scissors, rings for making mini albums, and of course, a gift card for Michael's or Hobby Lobby will be appreciated. But opening presents is a lot of fun, so even if you get the gift card, get her stuff that she can unwrap too. Just look through the shop here, or go to a scrapbooking and crafting supplies and ask a clerk to help you find lots of goodies.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Crafting Marfa

Just as a thought the cutter pillar is a great trimmer and cheaper then the Genesis. It was a wonderful trimmer and people have said that it is even better then the Genesis. I know I love mine and you would save yourself some money! cartridges and more has it for a great price right now

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I love the trimmer idea. Would love to have a Genesis.

I would be afraid to suggest some of my favorite products and embellies because very seldom do 2 scrapbooker like the same thing. My best friend is a scrapper and the things she likes to use for embellies don't interest me at all and my stuff would not be a big deal to her. We all have such different tastes.

I love the gift card idea!

And when you order them here, once you order they send you a gift card coupon number. Then you can print out a gift card with her name and the gift card number on it so you will have it for Christmas morning!

SherylEb
Guru
SherylEb
In response to Henri Jean

I have the Cutterpillar Pro also. It's pretty awesome.

Besneys
Pro
Besneys
In response to SherylEb

What a lucky lady she is...my hubby wouldn't have thought to ask on here xx Hope she enjoys her prezzie xx

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics