Username Post: A New Look At Christmas        (Topic#1583459)
Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

I have been waiting for Christmas like a little kid. I'm so excited about opening my presents and having my loved ones open the presents that I have for them. I've been preparing for that day for a long time. My house looks like Santa's Workshop. Then my dog got sick. Two days ago she started throwing up and pooping blood. Needless to say that I panicked! In the middle of the night my folks and I drove as quickly as we could to a 24hr Emergency Animal Hospital with my dehydrated and lethargic dog. We had to leave her there. It turned out that I had given her some rib bones, thinking that because they were soft they were not bad for her like chicken bones. I was very wrong!!! The bones left fragments in her stomach which were scraping her as they tried to pass. For two days we have been on pins and needles waiting to hear if she would live or die. All of a sudden the only thing that I wanted for Christmas, the only thing that my folks and I wanted for Christmas was to have her back home, healthy and happy. It really put things in perspective for me. Today we were able to bring her home about 3 hours ago and finally all is right with our world. I already have my Christmas gift. Turns out I had it all along and didn't appreciate it.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 12-21-12 06:46 PM
In response to Crafting Marfa

What a wonderful story and I am glad your dog is ok.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to GMFTS

Aw!! I am so happy for you and your Folks that your dog is home again and feeling better! Animals really are members of the family and I feel the same about pets as I do about people in my life. Non animal people do not get it, but they are missing out on being loved by a creature who can be more reliable than any human! Congratulations on your pup's good news and have a Very Merry Christmas and the Happiest New Year!!

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to catzscrapper

So glad your fur baby is going to be alright! I had a similar experience with Pearl (my fur baby before Daisy). I woke up during the night to Pearl throwing up. She did this all night as well as pooping. I called her vet first thing the following morning. My niece took her and it turned out she had food poison! I was completely shocked because I had no clue where she could have gotten it. Dr. Bob said she probably found something outside that was bad. It took a while but, she eventually made a full recovery!

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-22-12 05:40 AM
In response to 2xblessed

So very happy about the ending of this story. Give your baby hug for me!!!

Andra Hoffman
Resident
Andra Hoffman
In response to KimKV

Glad all is ok!

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to Andra Hoffman

Beautiful and heartwarming. Glad your doggie is ok. You should write that story down for your scrapbook just as you told it here. Have a Merry Christmas.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to dollscrap

so glad all is ok

this is also the time of year to remind everyone that CHOCOLATE is poison to dogs,,,,,,

do not leave it down, do not leave it in stockings overnight, do not give it to your dog.

1/3 of a pound of dark chocolate will kill a 20 lb dog.

several years ago, I almost lost my beloved pug to chocolate poisoning,,,,,someone knocked some dark chocolate chips off the pantry shelf and she opened them,,,,,,,dogs are notorious chocaholics!

Cats can also be poisoned by chocolate,,,,but are not as often because they don't like it as much.

PLEASE be careful!

http://www.dogownersdigest.com/news/library/chocolat e-d...

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to CommaHolly

So glad your dog is ok!!!

Kylagirl
Guru
Kylagirl
In response to CommaHolly

I remember when my yorkie "Benji" had managed to get to the candy dish of hershey kisses( 1/2 bag) and ate all the chocolate but left the wrappers and by some miracle he didn't get sick!!!Still don't understand that

Diva
In response to Kylagirl

Love dogs so I am happy for you and your dog. Happy New Year!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics