Username Post: Cameo Subscriptions        (Topic#1583503)
mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

If Santa brought you a new Silhouette Cameo, you might check out the Silhouette website since they've got a 20% promo going on through the end of the month. You don't need it to use your Cameo, but it's a way to get their designs, if you want to use them. Promo code is SILHOUETTE.~Judy

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-27-12 06:08 AM
In response to mrsdriver5

That's quite a nice saving's, or as my hubby says, a nice not spending as much.

Expert
In response to KimKV

I was sooooo happy to get that e-mail last night because I've renewed my subscription the last two years on New Year's Eve, but I wasn't sure if they were doing this sale again because it hadn't been announced yet!!! Now I just need to remember to do it...

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to HuskerMom98

Do you need to renew your subscription every year or does it just keep going unitl you cancel it?

Edited by godschild94 on 12-27-12 12:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to godschild94

I'm pretty sure they don't do auto-renewals. They do keep your credit card info. so it's easy if you want to renew or buy other products.

My Premium subscription is good thru the middle of March, but I'm going to renew now so I can get the discount. There is a choice. I can add the next 12 months to when it expires in March, or have it begin now ("Subscriptions started immediately will cancel current subscriptions that are paid month-to-month. For current subscriptions that are pre-paid, the remaining credits will be pushed back one year, and doled out monthly once the new subscription expires.")

I pay yearly, so instead of $239.88 (12 mo. @ $19.99/mo.), I'd pay $227, but using the SILHOUETTE promo code, I'll actually pay $182.40 and be able to continue getting $150 worth of downloads each month through March, 2014. Credits roll over for 60 days, so I try to keep a balance for their special sales when all/or certain categories are reduced to 50ยข/each. That usually happens around holidays.

I hope I answered your questions and didn't just make it more confusing. Bottom line...the 20% sale ends Dec. 31st.~Judy

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

Also, with Silhouette the downloads belong to you. You can back them up on your computer, but they also keep track of what you've bought so you don't buy duplicates, or can re-download if your computer dies. You can download them three times, so if you want them on a couple of your computers you are allowed. If you need to, they say they'll sometimes allow more than three downloads, but they want to make sure we aren't giving them away to other people. I like having them on my laptop and my PC, but when my last computer died, it was easy to download everything again. (Not so easy getting them all categoried again. I'm not sure if my back-up copy would put them into the categories I've made. Probably not.)~Judy

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

Thanks for the info...heading over to Silhouette now to renew!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to godschild94

Oh, I so wish i had seen this before I purchased my subscription....just bought one the other day for my new cameo but didn't know about the sale.....paid full price!

Alison

Linda Haulsee
Veteran
Linda Haulsee

• mrsdriver5 Said:
Also, with Silhouette the downloads belong to you. You can back them up on your computer, but they also keep track of what you've bought so you don't buy duplicates, or can re-download if your computer dies. You can download them three times, so if you want them on a couple of your computers you are allowed. If you need to, they say they'll sometimes allow more than three downloads, but they want to make sure we aren't giving them away to other people. I like having them on my laptop and my PC, but when my last computer died, it was easy to download everything again. (Not so easy getting them all categoried again. I'm not sure if my back-up copy would put them into the categories I've made. Probably not.)~Judy

Thanks for the info!! I always wondered if you got to keep the images!!!

HomesclScrappinLisa
New Kid On the Block
HomesclScrappinLisa
In response to Linda Haulsee

Is the 20% off good on renewals? I took the email (fine print at the bottom) that it was only good on new subscriptions or upgrades. I also got a renewal email and it says 10% off for renewing. Would love to get the 20% if it's allowed.

New Kid On the Block
In response to HomesclScrappinLisa

My sub isn't up until next November so maybe there will be a new deal around that time!

Expert

• HomesclScrappinLisa Said:
Is the 20% off good on renewals? I took the email (fine print at the bottom) that it was only good on new subscriptions or upgrades. I also got a renewal email and it says 10% off for renewing. Would love to get the 20% if it's allowed.

You should be able to renew, especially if you've received your renewal notice. I always wait until my last renewal date (12/31 for me) just to be safe, but I've been able to renew on that date with this sale for the last couple of years.

skrapaddict
Guru
skrapaddict
In response to HuskerMom98

I got a Cameo for Christmas (LOVE IT!!!) and thanks to your post got the 20% off my subscription! Thanks Judy!!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

I renewed mine with the SILHOUETTE code and got the 20% discount. My subscription was good through March 13, 2013, but now it's good through March 13, 2014.~Judy (I didn't do an upgrade since I already had the Premium.)

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics