Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Scrapbook EXPO        (Topic#1583517)
New Kid On the Block

I'm thinking about going. Has anyone ever gone?
After checking its website (www.scrapbookexpo.com) It looks like it's really fun...but is it worth the trip? Would love your feedback/thoughts about the event.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to carmilla

I have not been to this one, but I have a friend that has worked the one in GA.I was tryin to decide if I should drive down to Atlanta to go to it or wait for CKC in Charlotte. She said it is a lot like CKC. I really like CKC! Not much help, sorry.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to binkiemonstermom

I have been to a few of the scrapbook expos and I do like them. I like the classes and the shopping. I consider them both fun and worth the trip.

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 12-28-12 06:42 AM
In response to Luvmyfam

i went to the Great american in arlington...that was amazing!!!

i plan on going to this...stayin there that saturday...excited!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Luvmyfam

GO!!!

My friends and I rent a hotel room and make a long weekend of it every year. We sign up for the weekend crop, we take classes and we shop and shop and shop!! Too much fun.

Just bring comfortable shoes (lots of walking around)

Riprornfun
New Kid On the Block
Riprornfun
In response to Kim222

I've gone to the ones in San Diego and ALWAYS came out with some awesome deals AND great ideas to complete pages. Taking the classes were always fun. They are pretty rushed, but you leave with lots of goodies. I'd definitely recommend going

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Riprornfun

I've been to two and I love them. I didn't find many deals - what I bought was pretty much the same price as I would have paid in the stores. However, it was so much fun looking at everything and filling up my shopping bags.

The first time I went one of the ladies bought a paper-holder tote for each of us to put our 12 x 12 papers in and it was a great idea! Kept it from getting wrinkled.

I also took a big canvas tote becuase the plastic shopping bags from the different vendors weren't that strong.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to carmilla

I went to a couple of CKC ones where I used to live close to it. It was a blast and I loved there were rubber stamp people there too! There were so many make and takes and demo's as well as classes. Just sign up as early as you can if you want to go to classes as they fill up FAST! I would say definitely worth the trip. BE CAREFUL of pick pockets tho as with most events with alot of people, they were there too.(A friend got here wallet stolen from her handbag)

Diva
In response to catzscrapper

I have to two and it was fun. I took advantage of seen the work of so many talented scrappers. I am planning to go to the one in 2013 in Florida.

duckijo
Idol
duckijo
In response to bayamonesa1

My sister and I have been to the one in St. Charles, IL. It is a lot of fun. I have gone by myself when she lived out of state, still very fun. Loved the workshops. Adn the shopping...

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to duckijo

I go to two scrapbook expos in California every year. I love them.

Emmi_MN
New Kid On the Block
Emmi_MN
In response to prittb

I will be going to the one in MN.

Diva
In response to Emmi_MN

I am going to the one in FL, beginning of May.

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas

I usually go to 2 a year. I live in San Diego (will be going to that one in June?) but also going to the one in Anaheim later this month. The one this month is almost a 2 hour drive, but I find it totally worth it since it's much bigger than my local one.

IleneM 
New Kid On the Block
In response to Mama2Thomas

My friends and I go to the Sacramento one each year. We rent a hotel suite (Residence Inn), bring an extra table, shop one day, take classes another day, and then crop at night in our room. They seem to be getting smaller in the vendor area, but I always find something to buy. The classes are pretty good, depending on which ones interest you.

Diva
In response to IleneM

I work fulltime so I cannot take time off but I will be going on Saturday.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

GO!!!! They are a lot of fun. But make sure you bring money. Lots of money! Lots and lots and lots of money!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrappnmom2il

And after you get all your available money grab your debit card or credit card!

Unless you have more self-control than I do. I never know what to expect to find and I do buy a lot at expos.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Henri Jean

I buy a lot too because the sad fact is that since so many LSS have closed, the Expo is the best scrap shopping I get all year!!!! When I travel, I do try to hit any local LSS.

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to binkiemonstermom

My sister and I go to 2 a year...there is one in March 20 minutes away from me...nd in Aug there's anther 40 minutes away..looking forward to them. Bring money.. water...snacks.. wear comfy shoes and bring a paper carrier or some big satchel to carry your purchases in...there will be purchases..oh yeah. Decide how much you want to spend and bring more than that.
We've never taken classes or done the crops but we do an occasional make and take.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics