Username Post: Do you know where...        (Topic#1583525)
Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy

I can get a colored copy made of 12 by 12 layouts? I want to get a copy made of a few of my layouts to hang in my scraproom. I've had copies done at Staples but it always cuts a bit of the layout off because its not a perfect 12 by 12 copy. Any ideas?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Vintageivy

You can get 12x12 enlargements done at Ritz. I am not sure how much they cost, though. You could take a pic of your LO and upload it to their website, or go to one of the stores. I'm not sure of anywhere else. I heard a long time ago that Costco does them, but I am not sure that's accurate. Good luck!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to siameseplease

I had the same problem.
I called a lot of professional copy places and none of them could do 12x12 copies. So finally I just went to a local one and asked them to make a copy of one of my layouts. They too could not do 12x12 only 12x11 (as was the case with the other places I called). I have gotten to the point where if I know I am going to need a copy of a layout that I cut a 1 inch strip off the side of the BG paper before creating the layout this way when I do get a copy made it will include the entire layout.

As a matter of fact I had been meaning to make it a point of reducing all my layouts by one inch JIC but had strayed from that (can you believe I actually forgot! I'm an airhead)! Thanks for reminding me!

Good luck on your search...hope you're successful!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Doreena

Costco can do 12x12 ... I'm not sure of the current price, but I've had them made in the past

KimKV
KimKV 
Queen
KimKV
  • KimKV on 12-28-12 06:40 AM
In response to madmatter

If I remember correctly I had one printed at Staples years ago.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
Costco can do 12x12 ... I'm not sure of the current price, but I've had them made in the past

Really?!? True 12x12?! Thanks for that info!! I've been trying to find somewhere to make a 12x12 photo.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Kim222

Can you try uploading a picture of it to walmart photo and printing it poster size and cutting the white around it off? not sure it will work but maybe worth a try--

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to terrihooper

ooohhh---you mean making it a larger photo than 12x12?! You're right!! It definitely IS worth a try!! Thanks!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Kim222

• Kim222 Said:
  • madmatter Said:

Really?!? True 12x12?! Thanks for that info!! I've been trying to find somewhere to make a 12x12 photo.

Yes, 12x12 at Costco. I photography my layout and send it to Costco online to print as a picture...wonderful quality. Seems to me it's $3.00

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to Sunnydi

If you're going to photograph & send online, Persnickety Prints 12x12's are $1.99, I believe.

deedee w
Resident
deedee w

Kinko's does a 12x11 like someone else posted. It's a color photo copy on glossy paper and well worth the 1" loss. You have to actually touch the page to know the embellishments aren't real. I just choose a side that I can lose the inch, or else position the lo on the scanner to lose 1/2 inch on 2 sides. It's very inexpensive, under $3.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to deedee w

I have heard really good things about Persnickety Prints....they really cater to the scrapbooker and will print lots of different sizes....

Alison

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to kiyawinn

They offer so many special sizes of pictures and the quality is great.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to flintridgescrapper

I'd love to find somewhere to have 12 x 12's scanned! Or would love to find out who makes a 12 x 12 flatbed scanner reasonably.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to Henri Jean

I know Archiver's does 12x12 scans. But you have to be near a store. Obviously!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to fknapoleon

Maybe I will take on of my books ever time I go to Atlanta. I have about 25 books complete now and they are around 90 pages each so one book per visit could work. I go about twice a year. Scratch that - I wouldn't get it done in this lifetime!

Wonder if any other places have one.

Problem is when we go to Atlanta we are always going to or coming from somewhere. That doesn't help becuase we are on the road 2-4 months at a time usually leaving the van and flying somewhere for most of the time or on a cruise ship with the car parked somewhere in the sun and humidity so don't want to take them with me.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Henri Jean

Thanks so much for all of the ideas. I don't have a Costco near me where I live but it sounds like you can do things on line there so that may be an option. I really loved the copies I had done in the past at Staples...the embellishments looked so real and the paper was super quality. I may look for a couple layouts where some could get cut off and still look good for displaying.
And I have been dreaming of an Archiver's store coming in near where I live for a long time...still hoping and wishing:)! My DH took me to the one in Ohio for my birthday a couple of years ago and it was wonderful. I live in NY so it was quite a road trip!

Diva

I believe COSTCO will do them, dont know the price.

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to bayamonesa1

OMG good suggestions um, I still cannot figure out ghow on earth to get my layouts uploaded to this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics