Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Anyone doing Project Life this year?        (Topic#1583529)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to KellyCali

If you are doing your own project and not getting the kit what i have done is get different orrentations of page protectors. I did that and it kept me interested in it. Like for the month of December i used page protectors that had four 6x6 pockets.

~Alma Scrapera~
Expert
~Alma Scrapera~
In response to KellyCali

I love project life. I got into scrapbooking because I wanted to record stories with my pictures. Although I enjoy being creative with LOs, I tended to get behind trying to be creative with each story.

Project life allows you to be as simple or creative as you want. I love that I can essentially finish a week's worth of layouts in 30 minutes (just printing 4x6 photos and writing on index cards, slipping them into the plastic photo pages). If I want to go traditional, I can always slip in a 12 x 12 page protector.

I have found I have been really successful in getting the stories down. I have a few gaps in my album, but that does not make me crazy. If I get to it, I get to it.

Good luck!

nallian
Expert
nallian
In response to KellyCali

I am starting this year or trying this year to do project life. But I'm not buying a kit. I am using Simple Stories and what I have on hand. I am using We R Memory Makers photo protectors. Maybe we could start a thread to post, share and encourage one another!

mjjames
Veteran
mjjames
In response to KellyCali

I have decided to do the digital version of Project Life this year. I am not quite an empty nester yet but we do have a pretty boring life...but we have 4 cats that are funny most of the time. I am looking forward to it and have almost finished my first week. Need to to that tomorrow! I loved reading all of the comments. I agree that you do not have to take a picture a day at all. I will be lucky to get in 3-4 with journal cards and filler cards. I love the look of it.

Michelle

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to mjjames

This will be my fifth year of Project Life. I started out with more of a daily format but my plan has changed over the years.
My son got married in August so by May I had moved to doing a monthly journal. 2012 is lots more pictures and lots less journaling then years past, but I'm OK with that.
I started because my older children were growing up and moving away, some very far away. I wanted a way they could see what was going on at home when they come home. It is a record of life here, with the youngest children, and our perspective on their comings and goings.
We have two graduations and another wedding this year so this will probably be another year of more big events than day to day happenings. I still do 12x12 LOs when I have time. This year I put a few right in the PL album. Project Life can be as simple or detailed as you like. Love that.

TheHybridMess
Veteran
TheHybridMess
In response to momany

I'm doing PL with a bit of a twist. I am doing January Daily and will do a December Daily and have twenty Random days in between (2 per month) and then a page for each of the special occasions. They'll be single pages so I should end the year on about 100 pages. Same as PL but it suits me.

I am doing other pages too. I am still considering whether to include them in one album or have a seperate one for PL etc

uruvero
Veteran
uruvero
In response to KellyCali

I'm still on the fence - have never done it before but have so far kept up with journalling and taking pics - I may go with doing 1 week per sheet and busier weeks just doing a 2 page spread.
I just saw the new PL kits and I am loving the new ones - it may just give me the push to actually start, I just hate that the new kits won'tbe available until May.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics