Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Re Doing Layouts        (Topic#1583535)
julie101
Idol
julie101

So lately I been going through my layouts and dont like kinda got me thinking what on earth was I thinking when I done it.

Now Im pulling them apart and redoing them.

What I want to ask dose anyone else do this?

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to julie101

Great avi!

LOL - You're not alone -- I do the same thing too! Sometimes I just cringe when I look certain pages and will re-do them. I look at my albums a lot and when I do, I want to like what I'm seeing. I know some scrappers like to keep the older ones and see how they've evolved as a scrapper, and I totally get that; but I will redo them if they bother me that much.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to provinca

Yes-Love the avi!!

I don't redo any of my pages even though my first ones make me cringe!! (think pictures cut silhouette style or cut into shapes with deco scissors and just floating around on the page with bits of embellies here and there. Ack!!!)

I'll never be done with stuff to scrap as it is--no way would I have time to go back and redo. Plus, I like seeing how my style evolves.

Its different for everyone, though, so just do what you like. No right or wrong here!

Oh---and welcome to the neighborhood!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Kim222

I like seeing the old lo's with the trends that were popular then, I also like seeing how much better my techniques are.

Veteran
In response to terrihooper

I have redone a few that I really hate, but I'm too slow to start pulling apart finished layouts. LOL I'll never get done as it is.

You are not alone though!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to GAKropper

I don't re-do a lo that is completely done. If I hate, I will just print the pic again and do another one.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-28-12 08:54 AM
In response to Manda_K

NO re-dos for me. For the most part I still really like all the pages I've done (although I only started about four years ago, I suppose I may feel differently in another 10/15/20 years!). A few I'm kinda "meh" about but not to the point that I want to spend any time redoing them. I may reprint the pics and make a new page with them, but I have so much stuff to scrap that I haven't started on yet that I'd rather do that.

Sunnydi
Governor
Sunnydi
In response to julie101

No I don't.

They are what I was when I did them... some a beginner, etc. I just accept it.

As it is.... I don't have time to scrap all the 'now' photos to go back and redo those of year's past.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to julie101

I am a firm believer in “if a page bugs you, just change it (even if it means completely redoing the page)”. To me, everything is a “work in progress” and I often go back and tweak things.

With that said…there is a very strong school that believes “don’t go back and re-do a lot of pages. You need to see your growth (in the scrapbooking hobby). You will just spend all of your time obsessing and redoing things over & over.”

I think there is a middle road of “re-do the things, that REALLY make you cringe”. Hey that rhymes.

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama
In response to julie101

I pulled apart six once and did a redo a while back. These were some of my first. Right now, I would change them again given the chance! But I won't really...need to press on to new LO's!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to CrimsonMama

Yes, when I first started scrapping it was for a heritage album with all my dad's childhood photos. I have redone a lot of those because I am no longer happy with the raw style I had back then. I want those cherished photos to have better pages that will be handed down through generations without being laughed at.

ncyankee
Queen
ncyankee
In response to olleharr

I've redone some -- I'm just glad I heeded advice when I started and didn't use "one of a kind" photo's. My original scrapbook is huge -- I think it must have about 10 lbs of liquid glue in it.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to ncyankee

I don't usually re-do my pages, and I never use one-of-a-kind photos. The only exception I made to this policy was a page that I did early in my scrappy years (the 1st one, as a matter of fact, at a class where the teacher said original photos were the best to work from)with, of course, a one-of photo. I ended up HATING the LO and having to scan the photo while it was on the LO in order to have a copy to re-do the LO.

Don't let this happen to you!

That said, I'd re-do anything that really bugged me. There's something to be said for seeing your scrap skills evolve (I like to see mine do that) but when you're really unhappy with something, FIX IT!!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to julie101

PS if you are going to redo some pages get this stuff. IT IS DA BOMB!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Pink Spoonbill
Diva
Pink Spoonbill
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Nope I don't re-do either. Can't...have too many more to do. Plus the early ones show how much I have improved and learned (mostly from the creative people on this site).

Good luck!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to julie101

I redo pages if they do not make me happy or I do not love. I do not do it just because it is an old style or trend. I want my books to be pages I love. I can honestly say that I LOVE EVERY SINGLE PAGE IN MY BOOKS even if they are old style.

Melonhead
Tenant
Melonhead
In response to anda11

Well maybe just the one on lavendar and bright orange cardstock with my pictures cut into shapes.

Maybe.

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8
In response to Melonhead

I don't redo layouts. I have way to many pictures to scrap to start thinking about redoing the layouts. Maybe a layout here and there I will redo if I really hate the layout but other than that they are left alone. What about the layouts do hate so much?

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to thehappyscrapper8

I've redone some of mine. Luckily most of the LOs I did when I started SBing were of a now-ex boyfriend, so they don't matter at all. The ones of my dog are the ones I have redone. They were his puppy pictures, so they're pretty important to me.

justartguy007
Expert
justartguy007
In response to *jesse*

I don't redo any of my layouts either. I just think you waste even more of your paper if you're on budget like me, lol. But I could change my tune about redoing a page in the future you never know.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics