Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Re Doing Layouts        (Topic#1583535)
julie101
Idol
julie101
In response to justartguy007

Thanks guys at least I know I'm not alone I havent been scrapbooking that long so I dont have many when I started I follwed the trend but I wanna redo them and put me into them hoping that makes sensesI will re use items on the layouts when I redo them I also want to add more of the story into the photos, my whole reasoning for scrapbooking has changed and I wanna I guess start over.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
I redo pages if they do not make me happy or I do not love. I do not do it just because it is an old style or trend. I want my books to be pages I love. I can honestly say that I LOVE EVERY SINGLE PAGE IN MY BOOKS even if they are old style.

This!
I also don't redo pages just because they are "old style" but I will redo a page that is really bugging me, one that I really hate because of colour or the way I clustered embellishments or whatever......
I have redone a few pages in the last year.

Alison

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kiyawinn

I am going to go through some and "clean them up". My wedding album is glued on black velvet cardstock-type paper and the glue dots did not hold. The pictures are all falling off so those need to be fixed.

I typed a few and the font was too big for the frame mats so I want to retype in a smaller font size.

I also have a few things that crinkled badly (velum put on too loosely with eyelets) and I want to re-type those pages.

A lot of pages have letters that have fallen off and I need to make the letters over or try to match the alpha stickers.

Just clean-up work, no re-doing.

elsje2
elsje2 
Expert
elsje2
In response to Henri Jean

I don't redo any of my pages. One reason is I simply do not have the time (so many new ones to be done) and another reason I like looking at the old ones. I would not do pages in that way again, but that was me and the way I approached scrapping. Like Henri sometimes things are fallen off and I will repair it, but not make something different out of it.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to elsje2

Sometimes, I find photos that are so precious and worth redoing. I do whatever motivates me. If I want to redo a particular subject, I take a photo of the old LO before I take it apart. That way, I do have record of my early style Also, I like to use pieces from the old LO on the new LO.

I know I have at least one photo that has been done at least three times. I think all three LOs are still intact. I wouldn't be surprised if I wanted to do that photo again someday. The photo is just THAT awesome!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to runzalot81

Don't redo them, it shows your progress and how much you've grown. I wouldn't redo them.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Mia1979

I won't redo the early layouts, but my daughter was recently looking at her first year scrapbbook that had originally been done through about 6 months years ago. I finally finished it when she was 18 years old right before she graduated from highschool. She's 21 now and she was noticing the differences between the layouts even though I had tried to keep them very simple.

teresa0817
Expert
teresa0817

I agree with manda K. I will ADD to a finished LO tho, But never tear apart. Only because I want to see how I've grown. My son just looked at ALL my LO's at Christmas & it was fun to see how much I have changed. Hehehehe!! If that's what you want to call it. It was nice to have someone look at them. I have 3 very fat books full......

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa

I have never redone a layout. When I'm done with it, that's it! It goes into a scrapbookmto be afmired by me for years lol. When I look at my first layout I'm glad that I even tried my hand at scrapbooking with no skills or supplies.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Crafting Marfa

I have only redone one LO. I have gone through my many many many albums and added embellishments to some LOs.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to prittb

Speaking of redo, I also scrap some photos more than once....once for me, once for my brother, and once for my mother. I'm afraid my friends will get tired of seeing the same photos scraped slightly differently.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

It doesn't bother me to redo. I've done over a few. If I've "lost my mojo" sometimes looking at an old scrapbook and seeing a page that just screams to be redone helps me get back in the groove again!

Tenant

I've only been scrapping for almost 2 years, but there are a few L.O's I've done that I haven't liked right off the bat or thought there was something missing. I like the idea of oneday looking back at my early Layouts, so I'll only adjust or redo if My initial feeling on the layout was negative. I haven't gone back to my sparse ones to add stuff. Also, I just started writing e date of creation on the backs, and where I especially liked a product used, I'll include the brand and line, too.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to redfox78

I don't have time for 're-dos'. I barely have time to scrap as it is. Of course my older layouts don't look as good or modern as my newer stuff..but I'm ok with that.

Magpie1
Tenant
Magpie1
In response to dwelch

Agree with you dwelch, sometimes if I'm having trouble getting inspired by new pics, going back and redoing a layout with a pic or pics that I really loved, can help me get back into it again.

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper

I know some people think you should never re-do your old pages, but I have. Some of my first ones were in my daughter's baby book, and they looked like a kindergartener did them. So I re-did them, and I'm happy with the results.

teresa0817
Expert
teresa0817
In response to Castle Scrapper

I don't re do any LO's (only because I glue the daylights out of them) but I defiantly add to old ones. Every year they come out with something new I think would look good on an old LO. I think it's fun to see how much you've improved! I agree with dwelch also

Edited by teresa0817 on 01-12-13 07:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to teresa0817

• teresa0817 Said:
I don't re do any LO's (only because I glue the daylights out of them) but I defiantly add to old ones. Every year they come out with something new I think would look good on an old LO. I think it's fun to see how much you've improved! I agree with dwelch also

That'll teach 'em!!

I don't redo layouts either. I do what Manda said. If I really hate a layout, but love the photo(s), I may do another layout with the same photo(s).

It's all personal preference... whatever works for you.

Cricutgirlg
Pro
Cricutgirlg

Yes, I have redone LOs from the very beginning! I've been scrap nearly 10yrs and since this is my hobby I want to my pages to be things I love or can live with, so I will redo them if need be. I couldn't careless about seeing how my talent evolve, I want to do justice to my photos. They are precious and deserve a wonderful back drop, if they are going to be scrapped. I once completed 2 albums for my sister from our childhood, I allowed her to review the albums, then I immediately took the albums back for a redo. She upset at first, but when she received the albums a week later she was, so happy with new albums and agreed that she liked the redo, so much better.

Diva
In response to Cricutgirlg

For me scrapboking is fun and relaxing. I don't stress out if is a piece of art or not. I do admire the work of others, but I am happy they way I work. I don't go back to re do nothing.

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics