Page 4 of 51 
Username Post: *~* PROJECT 52 WEEKS *~*        (Topic#1583539)
terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to SplendidMoments

I couldn't get DH to agree to go so I am rooming with a friend. She doesn't scrap but we are making all the favors, fans etc... for her daughter's wedding in June so she is bringing that. I am doing the wedding album and will be taking it to finish. I have started it but have a lot to do still.

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa

I would really like to join the group, too. I want to do a book of me and am thinking of taking Linda Sattgast's class - Your Story. Brilliant

It is a year long class where you concentrate on one area of your life each month. I think it would fit well here and help keep me motivated.

I am strictly digital and since this is an organized digital class, I will excuse myself from the prizes.

I look forward to getting to know each of you better.

I am 63, retired from US Postal Service and work part time for my brother's paper company in accounts receivable. I have two grown daughters and two grandchildren that take up the majority of my pages. My daughters are always after me to do a book about me, so I have decided to do one and give it for Christmas next year if I can continue on schedule.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to kdsmommy

This sounds interesting, and would definitely help get me scrapping more. One question though - do you still take a photo a day and then combine them onto one layout, or how exactly does this work?

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to JenKoss

I would really like to give this a go this year, only... with my new baby I'm afraid I'll get too far behind and won't be able to catch up... I did get the Photo Freedom kits from EP as well as the We R Memory Keepers pages of the same idea. would it be bad if I sometimes have to submit multiple weeks at a time? Just curious... I really do want in tho so I'll PM u!

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B

I'm Jessica. I teach freshman Language Arts by day (13 years now), and scrap by the light of the moon after my own kids have gone to bed. I've been scrapping for 11 years. Two and a half years ago I went digital with the intent to catch up and then go back to traditional. I've loved the freedom traditional has offered me. Not only did I catch up, but I started making vacation album, specialized albums for my kids, gift albums for my grandparents, parents, siblings, and my kids' teachers. I'm a digital content junkie. I guess that trait doesn't change as many of us are/were paper hoarders... now it's all stored on an external hard drive for me... almost 5000 different "papers" and counting (in 2 and 1/2 years!). I'm also attempting to s-l-o-w-d-o-w-n my digital content purchases. I mean, honestly, who needs 5000 different papers? (Maybe I'm asking the wrong crowd this question!) Looking forward to seeing everyone's work! Happy 2013, everyone!

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to JenKoss

• JenKoss Said:
This sounds interesting, and would definitely help get me scrapping more. One question though - do you still take a photo a day and then combine them onto one layout, or how exactly does this work?

Jen, you can create this however you want. I think some of my weeks will be on one page, some weeks I might need 2 pages, and there might be special days when I just want to put one picture/1 day on the lo. There are no rules. It's all about living and documenting real life.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to Jessica G-B

jci

PamStewart.Iowa
Governor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to Anna C

Jessica, I have only done digital layouts and totally love the convenience and variety of products - I've even made a few elements and papers myself. I cannot count the papers I have - how do you organize? I know I have something that I really want to use, but it takes me forever to find, so I just give up and use something else. Any suggestions?

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to hvn101

• hvn101 Said:
I will join I am bad about weekly pictures also. I need to do something positive for me. Maybe in site from others about me. Feature friends or places if I go out.

Welcome Heather! This challenge is supposed to help motivate you to document your life in 2013 - remember: no stress, no hassle.

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to terrihooper

• terrihooper Said:
I couldn't get DH to agree to go so I am rooming with a friend. She doesn't scrap but we are making all the favors, fans etc... for her daughter's wedding in June so she is bringing that. I am doing the wedding album and will be taking it to finish. I have started it but have a lot to do still.

We live in Puerto Rico right now and are looking for summer cruises. A scrapbooking cruise would be my ULTIMATE dream cruise!!!

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to SonjaC

• SonjaC Said:
I would really like to give this a go this year, only... with my new baby I'm afraid I'll get too far behind and won't be able to catch up... I did get the Photo Freedom kits from EP as well as the We R Memory Keepers pages of the same idea. would it be bad if I sometimes have to submit multiple weeks at a time? Just curious... I really do want in tho so I'll PM u!

Glad you think this challenge can help you stay motivated. Good to have you join us!!

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to JenKoss

• JenKoss Said:

For some, how it works could be the hardest part because it's up to you, however you want to document your 52 weeks of 2013. I got my ideas from googling: Project Life.

The only thing this challenge requires is if you want to participate in the weekly drawing for a prize, you need to make sure a weekly picture is put on the thread by Sunday. Does this make sense?

So, week 1 will run from Jan 1 to Jan 6. On Sunday, Jan 6th you will need to post a pic of your week 1 LO. Then week 2 will start on Monday, Jan 7 and end on Sunday, January 13th, and so on.

Once the challenge gets going, you will also get to see everyone else's projects, which might help you get some ideas too.

Some kits are available from different companies - Becky Higgins (Project Life) and Simple Stories are a couple; also Jessica Sprague (digital). I'm sure there are more, read through the thread and you'll find lots of "help" and ideas.

Welcome aboard and remember: no stress. Have fun!!

Edited by kdsmommy on 12-31-12 09:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to kdsmommy

Ok ladies, the last day of 2012 is winding down which means our 2013 challenge will be starting soon...tomorrow.

If you could check the first page to make sure your name is there, that would be greatly appreciated!

And make sure you've emailed me your real name and address - for mailing purposes.

WEEK ONE: Tuesday, January 1 to Sunday, January 6th. To be eligible for the prize drawing for week one, make sure your week 1 pic of your "LO" is posted on this thread by midnight on Sunday. Any way you have to post the picture is ok for this challenge...remember: it's about movtivation!!

Have a safe and happy new year's.

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to kdsmommy

I would love to join. I started "project life" last year, I decided to do a page a month. I like the idea of stepping up my game and do a page a week. I hope I can keep up.

kdsmommy
Idol
kdsmommy
In response to msmama

• msmama Said:
I would love to join. I started "project life" last year, I decided to do a page a month. I like the idea of stepping up my game and do a page a week. I hope I can keep up.

Super! Glad to have you. Set your goal...and make it happen!

Stiina
Stiina 
Veteran
Stiina
In response to kdsmommy

I checked and I'm listed! Waiting for tomorrow, lol!

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

• PamStewart.Iowa Said:
Jessica, I have only done digital layouts and totally love the convenience and variety of products - I've even made a few elements and papers myself. I cannot count the papers I have - how do you organize? I know I have something that I really want to use, but it takes me forever to find, so I just give up and use something else. Any suggestions?

Pam, I use Creative Memories' Storybook software. This program sorts content in alpha order, but it also allows for personalized folders. So I have a folder for all of my Winter/Christmas content; a folder for all my birthday content; a folder for summer/beach... Another feature they have is tags, so I can tag individual elements or papers with whatever tag I want. I can search for every paper or embellishment with "flowers" on it; I can search for "ribbon" and all the ribbons from every package will come up. I have a tag for "patterns" with my favorite patterned papers. The tagging takes a little time to do, but SO WORTH IT! Helps me use materials from several different packages. The program keeps count of everything for me. I tells me the exact number of papers I have and the exact number of embellishments I have. It also breaks it down by folder as well, so I could look up how many papers I have in my Christmas/Winter folder or how many papers I have in just one particular content package.

Just wondering where you are in Iowa? I live just east of Des Moines. What program do you use?

Edited by Jessica G-B on 12-31-12 09:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappychiklet
Tenant
scrappychiklet
In response to Jessica G-B

I would love to participate in this challenge. I have been away from scrapbooking for so long and could use the motivation. Ready to rock!

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to kdsmommy

Thanks for the clarification, and I think this sounds like a lot of fun! I have ideas for my first couple of layouts already (one is actually an idea I've had for a while now that I've wanted to do)! I'll PM you my information.

Since some of the other ladies have introduced themselves, I'll tell you about me. I'm Jen, and I live on an acreage just outside of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I'm a Project Accountant for a very large, multi-national engineering company, and I look after the invoicing for our Saskatchewan business unit. I'm single, and my only baby is the one in my avatar, my Shih Tzu Molly. Besides scrapbooking, I also enjoy making things with plastic canvas (some of my creations may show up in future layouts), playing the organ and teachning the Grade 4-6 Sunday School class at my church.

Lenethren
Governor
Lenethren
In response to JenKoss

I would like to join in! I have never done this before but love the idea of it. I am physically disabled though and might not be able to get everything done and posted by Sundays but I will try.

My name is Dyana (pronounced the same as Diana). I have 3 kids, a DD 23, a DS 16, and a DD 13. A dog named Finnegan, 2 cats named Charlie Chow Mein and Kit Kat Kitty Cat, 2 bunnies, a guinea pig, 3 rodents and a bird. It is always busy in my house!

Looking forward to starting this challenge and meeting everyone.

Happy New Year!

Page 4 of 51 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics