Username Post: Letter Punch - Does it exist?        (Topic#1583549)
New Kid On the Block

I'm waiting patiently to purchase an actual die cutting machine, but in the mean time I have a project and am really dreading having to cut these letters out by hand. Are there letter punches that could punch them out?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-28-12 02:31 PM
In response to dazzlindezigns

Why not buy letter stickers or chipboard shapes instead?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to stick

I have a BUNCH of alphabet stickers I would gladly share with you if you want. They don't all match but I have literally a hundred or more of each letter. PM me your address if you are interested in receiving an envelope full of letters for FREE. If you only need certain letters, let me know and I can do that, too.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to stick

The sticker letter would work really well. You could also stamp the words with a basic alphabet stamp set of use a nice font from your computer and print out the sentiment or phrase. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy looking at all the machines that are out there that will best meet your needs when you are ready to purchase one. There is such a variety of machines available.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I use stickers, cut letter with my cricut, cut letters with my big shot and dies, stamps, and chipboard letters. Hopefully one of these will work for you until you get a machine!!!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to binkiemonstermom

The letter punches do exist!! I have a set someplace in my house but am so disorganized it may take days to dig them out! I got them about 5 years ago and liked them so much. They worked well but 1 or 2 had to be ran thru with the foil and wax paper business to help them out. They said 'for paper' but I used them with lighter card stock. They are about 3/4 of an inch big. That was before I got a Cricut. I think I also have a set of letters for my Sizzix someplace.
I lived alone for so long and then when my Guy moved in I had scrap and craft items everyplace and he got all upset about that. I mean really, it keeps me home and out of trouble so what is the problem???!! I had to move my supplies and and ended up with them all in boxes that are stored and hard to get at. I think the letter punches are in my bedroom tho...but I may be wrong! Don't know till I get there if they are where I think I will go in search if someone needed me to make them some letters. No Guarantees tho, sometimes my Guy gives away stuff to 'help' and when I find out I am so annoyed!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to catzscrapper

If you have an Archivers near you - well at least the one in Kennesaw, Georgia let anyone use their die cut machine which had several fonts of the alphabet for free as long as they bought the paper or cardstock there.

Very smart on their part because when I lived there and needed letters I went there where I could use the machine for free and bought paper to make the letters and then everything else in the store that I wanted.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Henri Jean

That is very smart on their part!

Diva
In response to terrihooper

I haven't seen them. Either chipboard letters, sticker fo the die cut are the best options for now,

Diva
In response to terrihooper

I haven't seen them. Either chipboard letters, sticker for the die cut are the best options for now,

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to bayamonesa1

I've actually seen a set of letter punches at Joann's.

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama
In response to aquabunny

I've seen letter punches at Hobby Lobby too. I have not purchased them...I think they are Paper Studio brand.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
I've actually seen a set of letter punches at Joann's.

I had too, but it may have been a while.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Bxr-Linda

I also just noticed yesterday at Joann's that there's a small Martha Stewart alphabet - a set with two large punches. It was actually on clearance at my local Joann's. The item number is 481204. The letters are very tiny though.

CrimsonMama
Diva
CrimsonMama
In response to aquabunny

Well Duh I have the Martha Stewart and didn't think of it.! Don't find it in the store here now.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CrimsonMama

I just came back to tell about the MS punches a set of two for 20 bucks on clearance at my Joanns someone beat me to it!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to CommaHolly

LoL, when I saw this thread, I remembered the Martha Stewart letter punch, too.

I second getting an alphabet stamp set- I am kinda addicted to them (even tho I have two Cricuts and a BigKick with several alpha dies). I love stamping things with letter stamps! Even those tiny sets where there's one letter on each wooden stick- what're those called? Is there an actual term for those? They're so small they're more suited to cards or (very intense time consuming) journalling.

I also really like to use my vintage Dymo labeler. That would work and look cool, if you're not wanting inch tall letters.

Or why even cut out the letters? You could just print out titles with cool fonts (is anyone else as addicted to DaFont as I am? I can't stop downloading fonts) onto cardstock or patterned paper and mat them, as your title.

Terri, I really hope that one day very soon you're wanting or in need of something and someone has it and sends it to you overnight for free! You so deserve it!!!

-kory k

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics