Username Post: so happy got a cricut and big shot OMG!!        (Topic#1583561)
mindygail
Expert
mindygail

well my new machine the cricut expression 2 is all hard to cut unless i use the thick paper for just patterned paper!!!!!!!
PLUS the mat is losing its sticky stuff so i have to tape it down. How much do cartridges cost??

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to mindygail

I am not understanding what you mean when you said, "The Cricut Expression 2 is all hard to cut unless I use the thick paper for just pattern paper!" Are you saying you have to use a higher pressure and blade extension to cut pattern paper? Double check the blade and the housing unit. If this is still an issue, you may need to reset the machine or it could be faulty.
As far as the mat is concerned, you have to condition it. Try washing it in warm soapy water. This will help restore the stickiness. Also, rubbing the mat with a credit card (or a squeegee) will activate the adhesive. If all else fails, repositionable spray works wonders.
The cost of cartridges depends on where you purchase them. Some sites are cheaper than others; you will need to shop around.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to HisGEM

I agree! There are ways to restick your cricut mats! I do it all the time.

I find that my cricut cuts thicker paper better because it doesn't tear it, it actually cuts it. I use my Stampin' Up cardstock in my cricut all the time and have great results. You may have to play around with the blade pressure and speed a bit to find the right setting.

I love my cricut and big shot. I use my big shot a lot more because of ease of use, but both are great machines!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to mindygail

congrats on your new toys

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to anda11

Congrats!

Permissions Topic Options