Username Post: Warping paper with BigKick?        (Topic#1583569)
scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica

I just purchased a BigKick machine by Sizzix two days ago. I used the Solo Platform with shim with 2 cutting pads, a piece of paper and a Sizzlet per instructions. When I remove, the paper looks warped like it got wet-kinda wavy. It cuts the image, but the outside "leftovers" are unusable. So, can't make ghost images. Is this normal?

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to scrapchica

trey cutting without the shim. It may be that there was too much pressure on the paper during the cutting process. If that doesn't work, run the paper back through the machine between the cutting mats with the platform and it should flatten it back out.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 12-29-12 11:49 AM
In response to terrihooper

That does sometimes happen with a little too much pressure. I try to use pieces of paper that are only slightly larger than my die so the leftover bits of paper are too small to be useful anyway

If you're wanting a reverse image then Terri's advice to remove the shim should help a lot.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to stick

I tried removing the shim and got the same result. (Great minds!) I did not think of running the image back through to flatten. Thanks. Was more concerned that I didn't have a defective machine and that other's had this issue too.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics