Username Post: Chipboard what kind to use?        (Topic#1583579)
justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007

Hi guys I am thinking of trying to make a mini album of my dad with few pictures of his life like his childhoold up to the present day. I plan on making two of them one for my sister and the other one for my brother for their birthday. What going to be neat is at the end of the book or somewhere in the book. Going to put pictures of just my sister and dad in her album and the same with my brother and dad in the other so each of them have some pictures with just them and our dad so it can be something personal to them. I was just wondering what kind of chipboard would work good for my project. I was thinking one that look like a book. But having hard time trying to find the right one. Hopefully someone can give me a few choices?

Justie

http://wwwjustie.blogspot.com

New Kid On the Block
In response to justartguy007

Hi, Justie -

What a great idea! There are sure to be tears from the recipients when they see what you've made. I'm a Close To My Heart independent consultant and I've had really great success with the following 2 chipboard albums.

The Memory Showcase
http://createwithcare.ctmh.com/Retail/Product.aspx?Item...

The Bookmark Album
http://createwithcare.ctmh.com/Retail/Product.aspx?Item...

I hope this helps! Good luck with your project.

Karen
www.createwithcare.blogspot.com

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to createwithcare

I made the accordion expanding type of album for all my brothers of photos of us when we were little. My dad was a camera freak. Every Sunday we had to get our picture taken. The only bad thing was my mom got sick of all those photos and got rid of lots of them years ago.

Might be nice to be able to add a page or two later.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to SherylEb

Thanks ladies... I just have to look around and see what works good for me and the project. I'm going to do. I know they enjoyed the picture of their senior pictures and the photo in the middle of our dad and their mom wedding picture. I did for them as a Christmas gift.

I told my mom of the idea and she said they would really enjoy that it would be a personal type album for them. Again thanks for the feedback.

Justie

http://wwwjustie.blogspot.com

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I've used the chipboard dividers below...
You can use them as a book, just punch holes and add your own rings or ribbon etc.. to hold them together.
They come in sets of 5 or 6, so double sided that's still 10 or 12 pages. Depends on what you need but that might be enough.

Good Luck! Sounds like a fun project and I'm sure your brother and sister will love it!

Alison

Diva
In response to kiyawinn

Depends on how many photos. I like the white board CTMH albums.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to bayamonesa1

Gina's Designs had a lot of really sweet, good quality chipboard albums in many different shapes. You can find them here: http://www.ginasdesigns.net/Store/index.php?main_page=i...

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to Crafting Marfa

Hi thanks for the link to her site. I looked at the chipboard and there two I like it" Tabbed mini album and Scalloped Edge mini album. They both look like a book like type album I'm looking for and it looks big enough for at least three photos and journaling for the album. Thanks again for the link.

Justie

My Blog

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

I get chipboard on line from some of the big box sites.....I also get the chip board that's put on the bottom of our orders from work. Our printing area puts nice chip board in the bottom of all of their boxes.

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to Sneezy1956

That cool hope your new years is going well. I'm thinking of doing some shopping online at JoAnn's since they have a coupon they sent me through the email.The coupon last until Jan 5th and I never shopped online at JoAnn's. The only two online stores I shop at is the Superstore on this site or Amazon. I want to get the un du remover. It a lquid type glue that removes stickers, paper even photos from scrapbooks or the old photo albums. Wish I would have known about this product few months ago. When I took some of my dad photos out of the old 1970s photo albums. Most came out ok but few got damages. But scanned the damages ones into photoshop and fix them up. I see JoAnn's and the Superstore sell it online. I didn't see it at Michael's or Hobby Lobby the other day. Plus I need to find something that will punch holes in chipboards and looking for some buttons to put on few of my heritages albums. But thinking of holding off until after I pay my credit bill off or until I find work.

Justie

My blog

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

HL does sell on line.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics