Username Post: Adhesive?        (Topic#1583585)
HScrprgrl
Veteran
HScrprgrl

Any suggestions on an adhesive that will stand the test of time? I have used many different kinds(runners) and all seem to dry up, causing my pages and cards to pop apart. So frustrating! Help!

SarahWscraps
Veteran
SarahWscraps
In response to HScrprgrl

The ATG gun is preferred by many paper crafters. I have 2 of them, one for general purpose use and the other one is acid free for scrapbooking my photos. I only use the scotch brand refills and have never had an issue with items popping of my pages. If anything it sticks to well, I hope this helps you.

Cathy Mc
Expert
Cathy Mc
In response to HScrprgrl

I love the Zip Dry glue by Beacon. I use it for scrapbooking and also for cardmaking.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to Cathy Mc

I love glue dots and zots.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to HScrprgrl

My atg for adhering photos and liquid glue called "Best Glue Ever" for gluing paper. I use Glossy Accents for metal.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to Sunnydi

I love the MyStik tape runner. I had used CM for years and have been through a lot since then trying to find a new one to stick with. This beat about 5/6 others.

dezignarob
Tenant
dezignarob
In response to scrapchica

I second Best Glue Ever by ScraPerfect - but you don't need something different for metal or other non-porous things. Best Glue Ever adheres paper & card, wood, metal, plastic and ribbon (let it dry to clear and tacky and it won't bleed through the fabric). I use it for everything.

Lain Ehmann
Tenant
Lain Ehmann
In response to dezignarob

Hmmm... I wonder what kind you were using? I've used a ton of different ones through the years (CM photo corners when I started 15 years ago, American Crafts runners, Dot-O-Rollers, Tombow, ATG) and I've never had a problem with them not working... except glue sticks. Those do not seem to work at all for standing the test of time.

Do you live in a particularly dry environment? That may be the issue.

KDQ
KDQ 
Guru
KDQ
  • KDQ on 02-19-13 05:15 PM
In response to Lain Ehmann

I like to use zip dry and zig 2 way glue pens.

cindy71
Resident
cindy71
In response to KDQ

ATG with 3M Gold, Zig 2-Way, Glossy Accents....I've tried others for price or availability and always come back to these three for pretty much everything. Oh, and my handy dandy Aleene's hot glue gun with acid free glue for the hard to glue stuff like metal and thick ribbon.

cardnan
Tenant
cardnan
In response to HScrprgrl

Heather, I use TomBow Multipurpose Glue. Love it, it has a bit of time before it dries so you can reposition. Also great for temporary adhesive. Put the glue on, let it dry and then you can place it on card stock and remove when necessary

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to cardnan

I have many different adhesives that I like.

I use.....

glue dots
ATG gun
elmers stamper this is a really fun tool
elmers scrap glue pen
the foam backed adhesive squares or circles
xyron sticker makers the X and the 510 I really want a bigger one also and maybe one between the two I have.

It seems I never have enough adhesive I am always running out of everything at one time.

lakauai
Resident
lakauai
In response to dorichatelain

I use Scotch double sided adhesive tape a lot. I buy it in bulk at Sam's.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to lakauai

I've used atg for the last 8 or 9 years and now problem with it yet.

mrsrogers52513
Pro
mrsrogers52513
In response to Sneezy1956

ATG and Zip Dry are my go-tos!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics