Page 1 of 6 
Username Post: January Monochrome Challenge -Open all month        (Topic#1583645)
PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa

Pat needs to take a month off, so I am guest hosting for January. Here are her "rules" and we will continue to follow them:

Welcome to the monthly Monochrome Layout Challenge for January.

Here are the basics of how MONOCHROME works.

1. Monochrome means "of one color." Each week has a color which you are to create a layout around. Aside from the listed neutral palette, this is the only color tone allowed in your layout.

2. It must be obvious that your intention is to create a one color layout, so the only "color" of your layout must be the weekly color and it's corresponding darker and lighter tones and shades. Any other colors must come from the neutrals palette.

NEUTRAL COLOR PALETTE TONES are : white, cream, beige, tan, brown, khaki, olive, black, gray, and navy. These are the colors that my mother always told me "go with everything."

*****Layouts using colors other than the color of the week and the neutral palette are not considered monochrome and will not be included for the voting. Make SURE your layout conforms to the specs for this particular challenge!

3. Twists are added for your amusement and to help you push your project to the next level. If you complete the twist, your page gets an extra vote at the end of the month.

4. The challenge weeks can be completed in any order, and you are not required to complete all four weeks. This is a challenge by choice - do one, two, three, or all four weeks. Do them in whatever order you want. And if you decide that you want to complete ALL the month's layouts in one week that is perfectly fine. Whatever works for you!

5. No sign-up required. Just jump in and have fun whenever you're ready!

6. I am not the comment police. I know we all get busy and get behind. But we all like to get comments on our projects, so do your best to give love when you get love.

7. Layouts must be new as of today and are DUE no later than midnight SB.com time January 31st .

NEW WINNER SELECTION PLAN! In order to save us all from the agony of having to pick from so many beautiful projects, I'm changing the way the winners are selected. After the final posts are updated, I'll use random.org to decide the winners. It's fast, easy, and totally without emotional trauma. And besides, anyone who manages to complete a monochrome project is already a winner in my book!

READY? Then let's go! Have Fun!

Here are the new colors:

When Pantone announced the 2013 color, I was drawn to it, so I thought we should honor the choice by using it as our week one color choice:

I then looked at years past and chose the most recent odd-numbered years for the rest of the choices.

Week two:

Week three:

Week four:

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to PamStewart.Iowa

Week One:
Characteristics: Lively. Radiant. Lush… A color of elegance and beauty that enhances our sense of well-being, balance and harmony.

Twist: Family

01*. Joy By Tracy F

02. Our Tree 2012 By Bubblegirl

03*. A February Day in 1992 By Charcats7

04* Not Related By Andolyn

05. Prep and Landing By Msmama

06* Kyle meets a balloon By Beck_bear

07* Leprechaun By NMscrapper

08* Hello Grandma By OlesyaK.

09* Vegas By PamStewart.Iowa

10*. The Truck Fort By Miss CA

11* Sprinkles By Axelf85

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa

Week Two:
Characteristics: A bright, sherberty pink shade, uplifting and optimistic, evoking nostalgic feelings of summertime.

Twist: Summertime

01. 2 Months By Bubblegirl

02*. No Energy By Msmama

03* Cadence By Tracy F

04. Tribute to borscht By OlesyaK.

05* Erin's baby shower By Beck_bear

06. Golf Cart Fun By Scrappindmbfan

07. Beautiful *Scrap That GDT February Kit "With Love"* By Kaye222

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa

Week Three:
Characteristics: A warm, cheerful shade that sparks imagination and innovation and expressing hope and reassurance.

Twist: Love

01* Then and Now By NMscrapper

02.* Miracle By Bubblegirl

03.* Bryan & Deanne By Beck_bear

04 Calving By Miss CA

05. Mr. Elegant By OlesyaK.

06. Young and Restless By PamStewart.Iowa

07* Rose Delivery By Msmama

08* Oak Creek Canyon By Tracy F

10* Our New Baby Sister By Justowen

Edited by PamStewart.Iowa on 01-24-13 09:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa

Week Four:

Characteristics: Chosen for its pizzazz and sophistication and its hint of ethnic taste.

Twist: Energy

01. Snuggles By NMscrapper

02* Trains galore By OlesyaK.

03* Ringing In 2012 By Bubblegirl

04. PeopleILove-Me By PamStewart.Iowa

05* Engaged By Pam In TX

06 Making a New Bed By Beck_bear

07* The Cowboy Way By Miss CA

08 Whimsy By NMscrapper

09* Natures Energy By Tracy F

Tracy F
Governor
Tracy F

Nice colors Pam! I'm in!

Miss CA
Mayor
Miss CA
In response to Tracy F

sounds like fun colours. Count me in please

OlesyaK.
Idol
OlesyaK.
In response to Miss CA

Pam, love the colors! I'm in!

Pam in TX
Diva
Pam in TX
In response to OlesyaK.

I'm in.

NMscrapper
Mayor
NMscrapper
In response to Pam in TX

Then and Now By NMscrapper

Here's my entry for week three, with the twist of sibling love.

Bubblegirl
Queen
Bubblegirl
In response to NMscrapper

I'm in.

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to Bubblegirl

Way to go, Carol! Happy New Year everyone!

beck_bear
Idol
beck_bear
In response to grandma_sue

love those colours, count me in

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to grandma_sue

• grandma_sue Said:
Can you have a monochrome layout without specific colors? Like all b/w? Just thought I'd ask first.

A monochrome has one dominate color, so b/w would be neutrals, not really monochrome at least for this challenge. So for this challenge, the color must be prominent with the neutrals just allowed for accent or as necessary. Hope that answers your question.

Does anyone else have a comment?

TheHybridMess
Veteran
TheHybridMess

I'd like to give this a go

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to TheHybridMess

Spent the entire day making calendars. Walgreens has them on sale until midnight for half price and now you can pick them up at your local Walgreens a couple of hours later. Hope the quality is good. They even have a 12 x 12 calendar so you can use your layouts but those have to be mailed to you and I'm in a hurry. I used my 12 x 12 layouts but just reduced to 8 x 8 and centered them on the 8 1/2 x 11 page.

Back to work for me tomorrow after nearly two weeks of sleeping in. Ouch!

justowen
Governor
justowen

I'd like to try this one, please! These are unusual colors for me, but I'm sure I have them in my scrap stash.

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to justowen

Hi Pam, could you explain the first "green" color to me, it looks like a mint green but says emerald underneath the photo. When I think of emerald I think of a dark green. UGH I need a "brighter" computer, my computer is old and grey, kinda like me. Thanks for your help!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to msmama

acu

PamStewart.Iowa
Mayor
PamStewart.Iowa
In response to GentlewoodFarms

Coleen,
Yes, emerald green is that beautiful bright green of emeralds - a true green green, bright Christmas green. It does show up a little bland on their swatch on the website, but the photos they use are the bright green we know as emerald. Thanks for asking for clarification.

Pat, hope you are feeling better!

Page 1 of 6 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics