Username Post: New, could use some help!        (Topic#1583671)
New Kid On the Block

Hi, I love scrapbooking. My friend and I used to get together every week and scrapbook in High School. Anyways, I have been on basically an extended break working on other crafts, and having a baby. Anyways, I am really wanting to start a scrapbook for my little boy. But I am wanting my scrapbooks to look more sophisticated. I don't even really know how to do that except copy what other people do that I like!
Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could help me recreate this look. Specifically the brown strip. The ripped edge kind of look? I have attempted it in the past and it never turns out right. So any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to sohappilyme

Take a ruler hold it down tight and then rip the paper up, then you can take a distressing tool or an emery board and rough up the edges. That way you will a straight rip but still have the torn look.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Sneezy1956

Oh I never even thought of using an emery board!!! Thank you!! That helps greatly!!!

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom

The gallery is a great source for layouts. See something you like, give it a try!!!!

Good luck and happy Scrappin'!!!!

mindygail
Expert
mindygail
In response to binkiemonstermom

hi I am sort of new on here but have beeen scrapbooking for around 12 years!!!
IT IS A VERY GOOD IDEA to make a scrapbook for your sweet little boy!!!!!!!!!
I have many times done the torn edge and the ruler thing almost always works for me!!
try going to the library and getting a scrapbooking book i did and it helped me out some.
LOL

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

I took a paper tearing class back in maybe 2000 from a wonderful teacher at our local lss who later became in the CK hall of fame books.

It is easy.
just hold the paper that you want to tear in front of you with both hands. Just move your hand a tiny bit & continue to do it till done. That is for small tears. If you want bigger tears, hold it the same way but move your hands in a bigger motion. Does that make sense?
Practice & it will be very easy. If you tear in the tiny tears, you can tear into circles or shapes etc.

Edited by anda11 on 12-31-12 12:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics