Page 2 of 3 
Username Post: Last of 2012        (Topic#1583697)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to CrimsonMama

If I thought I could get into the house without him noticing, I would do it.

Wish he were in here and I was in there so I could work on my scrapbook.

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Doreena

I have been having lots of fun scrapping on and off for the past few days since I have had time off from work for the holidays. I finished two travel albums which feels like a HUGE accomplishment! I also completed a bunch of layouts for my boys...things like sports, school events, Halloween, back to school. It felt great to get my scrapping on! I just came out of my scrap room a while ago to enjoy new years with my family! Tomorrow I hope to scrap pictures from a cool animal safari we went to in the late part of the fall. I'm almost ready to order more pics to scrap! Yeah! Happy New Year to everyone and happy scrapping.
Henri-So sorry to hear about your night! Hope things are better soon--You've got to get to those scrapping things!

KatieJo
Mayor
KatieJo

I've finished all the pages in a scrapbook I've been working on pretty much all year.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to KatieJo

Last night I did five pages for my Christmas decoration scrapbook, but didn't do my 2012 recap layout, which I usually try to do on New Year's Eve, but it wasn't coming together and I didn't want to wake up unhappy with it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

Came into the house at 11:00 this morning and went straight to bed.

This morning Bill slept until noon and I got two pages done. Now he's in the office and I'd rather not be in there too so I'm in the kitchen with my computer.

We did not have a big fight, just a little one but it really made me mad.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Last night I did five pages for my Christmas decoration scrapbook, but didn't do my 2012 recap layout, which I usually try to do on New Year's Eve, but it wasn't coming together and I didn't want to wake up unhappy with it.

Good call! Wouldn't want to wake up unhappy on the first day of a new year!

Edited by Doreena on 01-01-13 09:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

I made a card to send out. Then i went through some craft drawers to see what i can organize. ound more scraps to make cards later.

Today i finish up printing photos for my December daily and the last photos for PL. Now i have to scrapbook the last few pages of PL. But that will be later.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to cescrapper

• cescrapper Said:
I made a card to send out. Then i went through some craft drawers to see what i can organize. ound more scraps to make cards later.

Today i finish up printing photos for my December daily and the last photos for PL. Now i have to scrapbook the last few pages of PL. But that will be later.

How did you like PL? Were you able to keep up pretty well? Are you doing it again this year?

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Doreena

I finished a frame and a printer's tray with k-12 scool pics of my senior. I have 17 more projects/books to finish this year (2013)and I can call it good. If I finish 6 I will be amazed.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to 950nancy

We are taking a vacation to Punta Cana in March and I have already finished 12 of those layouts. Feeling good about that!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
  • mrsdriver5 Said:
Finish up 2012? I'm still working on a book from 2010. No time for scrapping stuff today~Judy

Well if you put it that way then I still have 1995 and forward, LOL!
I don't scrap chronologically so I will never be "caught up".

But I figured there were some things people wanted to do by the new year that would make them feel accomplished and ready for the New Year and that's why I asked the question.

The 2010 book IS one project that I really wanted to finish in 2012, but it didn't happen. It's the book that got me started scrapping—HS grad. for oldest granddaughter. Her sister will be a senior next year, so I need to finish this book so I can start on the next graduation one. I spent too much time on other books and on thinking instead of doing. Maybe in 2013...

For those of you who think you have to go way back to the birth of your kids, try going back to 1968! I have lots of catching up to do! ~Judy

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to mrsdriver5

And for those of us without kids yet, being truly caught up would mean going back to our OWN births.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

When I started scrapping in 2007 (I scrapped in high school in 1967 but it wasn't the same animal) I started from 2007 and kept forward. I didn't do any older pictures or things.

I have the stuff from when my kids were born and even stuff of Bill's and mine that is 40 years old but just can't get interested in going back and doing them. I may do Bill and my dating stuff but I doubt it. I just don't want to scrap earlier stuff.

At one time I thought I would do all their baby pictures and school stuff and bought all the beautiful boy baby papers and things in blue and everything I need. I've packed it away.

I've asked them if they wanted me to do them and neither got excited so I'm not doing them.

My goal is to stay current and right now I'm working September so I'm pretty current. I have about 100 pages to do to be completely current and I really want to reach that goal before we take another trip.

Basically, if it happened before 2007, its not scrapped and doubtful that any of it will ever be scrapped other than possibly a few pictures of Bill and me from the 60's.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Henri Jean

Funny thing...I actually don't like scrapping my kids' baby pics! LOL!
How awful is that?!?
I'm not sure why???? Maybe because the quality of the pics aren't as good, or I wasn't such a good picture taker back then, or because there was no date stamp so IDK exactly when the pics were taken... or All of the Above!
(I wish I knew then what I know now)
But I will do pics here and there every once in a while.
I prefer to scrap more "current" items..

Someday, if I ever run out of current items I will go back... but if I don't I think I'm okay, because I at least have the pics for them to look at safe, secure, and pretty much in their correct order in photo boxes. My kids will have plenty to go thru when I'm gone whether in albums or boxes. I am sure they will appreciate them! (At least I hope they will...so far they are pretty appreciative of what I am doing picture/scrappy-wise!)

Edited by Doreena on 01-02-13 07:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
And for those of us without kids yet, being truly caught up would mean going back to our OWN births.

I asked my mom for some of my baby pics since she just has them in boxes "somewhere"...still haven't got them. I have a feeling she doesn't know where they are! LOL!
I think those would be fun to scrap. Especially since I was born in and lived in Spain for the first (nearly) 5 years of my life (came to the states when I was old enough to enter kindergarten).

Edited by Doreena on 01-02-13 07:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Doreena

What part of Spain? I've been to Barcelona and Cadiz. Loved it. Plan to go back.

I found I didn't enjoy working with my kids baby pictures either. I would have loved it it they were currently babies. I love working on my granddaughters baby pictures because they are current.

But I don't enjoy going back and doing the old stuff. Pictures aren't good, not as many to choose from so every one has to count and mostly because it just isn't where I am in my life. I tired. I could not get into it. Having better luck with the new babies that come into the family.

And I'm great at doing the current stuff for John and Joe, but not the old stuff.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

I was born in Barcelona.
But as I said I only lived there until I was about 5 so I don't remember it.
The few pics I've seen of it, in the BG of some of my baby/toddler pics, looks beautiful though!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Doreena

Barcelona is beautiful! We spent 4 or 5 days there in 2010 or 2011.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

My hubby wants us to go there on vacation soon... maybe this year!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Doreena

I had plans to do some scrapbooking over the 4 day weekend but I ended up having an unexpected house guest. While I miss the chance to knock-off a few more pages, it was MUCH more fun to spend time with an old friend making new memories.
I did give my scrapbook counter top and cutting mats a really good cleaning. Does that count?

Page 2 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics