Username Post: Ladies, Help needed with a gift.        (Topic#1583851)
Help1 
New Kid On the Block
  • Help1 on 01-04-13 07:26 PM

Ladies,

I need some help with a birthday gift for my girlfriend. It's a big birthday for her and I want it to be something cool, something unusual. Let's say the budget is $50.00-$150.00. Scrapbooking is really her only hobby and she loves it.

She has been doing it awhile and has everything that I know of and she is also a creative memories dealer. So anything they make is out. So is there something really new on the market or she is also a self admitted "paper lover". Is there any really different and expensive paper I could order?

Thanks for the ideas and your time!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Help1

A gift certificate would be awesome... That way you don't get her something she already has... She is a lucky Lady!!!

Edited by debby_westbrook on 01-04-13 07:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to debby_westbrook

without knowing her style, I hesitate to offer paper suggestions,,,

there are just so many different styles.

a gift card here, or to her favorite LSS or a shopping trip where she chooses might be the best choice for paper,,,,,unless you know her favorite paper company AND what she already has,,,,

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to CommaHolly

If she has a lot of paper and is a CM dealer does she have a cutting machine? A Cameo, Big Shot, or Cricut perhaps? Those would be on my wish list if I was just starting out.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 01-04-13 09:18 PM
In response to CorrieW

Organizational items
Photo management products

And definitely best of all a gift cert. Can't go wrong there.

Expert
In response to GMFTS

I always like "something to open". I would get a small present, like a jar of buttons, or maybe a small punch, and attach the gift certificate to it. I know I would want to pick out my own papers and stuff. Everyone has such different styles.

WVScrapThis
New Kid On the Block
WVScrapThis
In response to deedee49

I agree with the other poster that a cutting machine would be nice. Or, you could make a day out of it and take her shopping and too lunch for her birthday. Part of the fun of scrapbooking is shopping for supplies.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to WVScrapThis

I love the gift certificate idea and I love to get things for organizing. I love to pick my own supplies and papers but the organization things always fascinate me and I have fun with them.

Cutting machines are awesome but some like one kinds, others prefer another. Even with the Big SHot/Cuttlebug/Grand Caliber/Vagabond - how would you choose for someone else?

You could ask her to get a wishlist together here and you could order things from that. Then you would know you were getting her what she wants.

Does she visit scrapbook.com? If so maybe she has a wishlist in progress!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to Help1

how about a ticket to a crop retreat? full day crop, for fun and play, or overnight something, if it doesn't strain your budget. it will be an event to remember for sure) plus, she can take pics and scrap it afterwards))) i bet she has lots of papers and other stuff already, and being a consultant, lots of tools and a loyalty to the brand.

New Kid On the Block
In response to deedee49

• deedee49 Said:
I always like "something to open". I would get a small present, like a jar of buttons, or maybe a small punch, and attach the gift certificate to it. I know I would want to pick out my own papers and stuff. Everyone has such different styles.

^I think this is the way to go.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics