Page 4 of 10 
Username Post: Book of Me Challenge January 2013        (Topic#1583867)
MSD
MSD 
Diva
MSD
  • MSD on 01-08-13 03:59 PM
In response to charcats7

Just sharing a BOM layout. My milestone layout is coming soon. TFL!!

It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man. By MSD

chaton_13
Pro
chaton_13
In response to msmama

Is it too late to participate in this challenge? will it be an ongoing thing? I think this is such a great idea! As I've gotten older and more involved in making a family of my own, I've come to realize how few tangible memories my family has left behind. This has truly come to my attention when seeing my husband's family. They have photo albums galore and paintings of relatives from the 1800's hanging in their homes. It's truly amazing the amount of tangible history they have and I have to admit that I do envie it. I wish my family had been more diligent in keeping such things. We don't have anything to tell our story. There are about 5 baby pictures of me in existence. Granted, most of them burned in a house fire when I was about 3, but I wish there were more. I am now pregnant with my first child and I can only hope that my husband and I are able to build enough memories and have things to pass on to him/her and any other future children and that they will continue to do the same for their children. How else can your familiy's legacy continue??

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to chaton_13

Not at all Sarah- jump right in.

Hi Erin- I'll be posting a new topic each month- so jump in.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to charcats7

Can I join?

I have a BOM started with only 5 layouts in it. This monthly challenge will help me work on my book.

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 01-08-13 09:54 PM
In response to Sunnydi

What a super great challenge! I'd love to play and have an idea, no photos and a perfect story for this theme.

Love the pages I've seen so far!!!

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009
In response to wapygirl

Oh you poor thing Jacki! We are all here for you! And you are right, these things can be really therapeutic!

Hugs,

Jen

Edited by jenniferd1009 on 01-09-13 08:54 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to chaton_13

So very true, Sarah!

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 01-09-13 08:21 AM
In response to arteshamac

Here is my page!
The Move By TesaB

jenniferd1009
Idol
jenniferd1009
In response to TesaB

• TesaB Said:
Here is my page!
The Move By TesaB

Beautiful Tesa!

TeriScraps
Governor
TeriScraps
In response to jenniferd1009

I found my BOM that I have not touched in a while so I am glad I found this. I'd like to add to it!

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 01-09-13 10:05 AM
In response to TeriScraps

Thanks Jennifer! It was a fun page to do!

I'm really happy I found this challenge, and especially this month's theme - it's a topic I've had gnawing on my mind lately... And now I can't wait to see what will be up in February!

wapygirl
Mayor
wapygirl
In response to jenniferd1009

• jenniferd1009 Said:
Oh you poor thing Jacki! We are all here for you! And you are right, these things can be really therapeutic!

Hugs,

Jen

I lost my sister in 1994. I know it has been many years... but I still get very emotional speaking, typing, thinking about the wreck and what could have been if she had lived. This is the second year I have had the photos in my home waiting to be scrapped. I tried last year and could only stare at the photos. This year I actually have them down on paper. I still need to add some embellies and journal...but I did get it started!!!

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to wapygirl

Awh:( lots of hugs, Jacki...so very sorry for your loss.

wapygirl
Mayor
wapygirl
In response to msmama

Well, got it done and there haven't been anymore tears so that is a good thing. I think the journaling helped!
BROKEN By Wapygirl

I posted each page separate in my gallery for a closer look at each page.

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to wapygirl

This is such a great challenge!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to Faithscrapper

Welcome Diana, Tesa & Teri - will be updating the front in a few minutes. So glad this challenge inspires you. I know I do better when I have something to focus on. I've read thru tons of BOM ideas and topics- some are more like those email questionnaires- which really don't do much for me. Or a "what is in your purse" - while we may do something like that as a bonus topic to add some whimsy- it won't be the main challenge. Loving the LOs so far. Will be working on mine soon- have a swap to finish first then this is next

wapygirl
Mayor
wapygirl
In response to charcats7

I am ready for more challenges!! this will definitely keep me focused. I only have a few pages in my BOM and need to scrap all my major moments!!!

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to wapygirl

acu

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to wapygirl

• wapygirl Said:
I am ready for more challenges!! this will definitely keep me focused. I only have a few pages in my BOM and need to scrap all my major moments!!!

Char - for these fast girls can they do more than one of the same topic if they want?

I have many life changing events early on in my life but one popped in my head as soon as I read this. I'm with wapygirl this will be good therapy as I have never scrapped about this one (or most of the events). I wish I had more time to scrap as I probably need the therapy on many of the events in my life!

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to Scrap-Time

Of course you can! There is no right or wrong to your BOM.. It's your book. You can put whatever you want in it that is about you. The challenges are to help us keep motivated and focused and to give us ideas. If you can get several pages from a challenge, I would say the better. Wouldn't you, Char? I probably have about 5 Scrapbooks worth of photos of me to scrap of my life. Since the old photo albums held tons of photos.

Page 4 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics