Page 5 of 10 
Username Post: Book of Me Challenge January 2013        (Topic#1583867)
mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to charcats7

I really want to get this started however my printer/scanner has no yellow ink and when it has no ink it won't even allow me to scan my original photo of what I want to scrap. Here's hoping I'll have yellow ink soon so I can complete this challenge
Michelle

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Lookin4newideas

Aww Jacki i am so sorry you had to go through that. I am glad that you are getting your feelings out on paper it could be very therupuetic (i know i spelled that wrong)

wapygirl
Mayor
wapygirl
In response to babigirl

It was! We are approaching what would have been my sister's 28th birthday. So this was a great time to scrap this event to help me move pat her birthdate. It is crazy that I struggle around her birthdate but not as much on her death date. Who knows how my brain and emotions work! hehe...not me!

MarciLB
Governor
MarciLB
In response to wapygirl

Thanks ladies..jci and acu!

jacki....lost my bro 9 years ago...I understand.......and yes, it hits at various times....it just does.......I do pages around the dates of his death etc.........it helps- I feel like I am spending time with him!...thinking of you......

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to wapygirl

You are one incredibly, strong woman, Jacki. God bless you!((Hugs))

wapygirl
Mayor
wapygirl
In response to arteshamac

Thank you ladies for being so sweet!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to MarciLB

• Marcilb Said:
Thanks ladies..jci and acu!

jacki....lost my bro 9 years ago...I understand.......and yes, it hits at various times....it just does.......I do pages around the dates of his death etc.........it helps- I feel like I am spending time with him!...thinking of you......

Marci- what a great way to look at it- when you scrap about someone you've lost- you are spending time with them. LOVE IT!

I lost my mom last year- January 19th I think- Alzheimer's. I really lost her several years before that- it just took that long for her body to succumb. Evil disease. I've been angry, sad, distraught, --- a whole roller coaster of emotions. I don't think they ever end- they just lessen with time & the hurt isn't so sharp- someday. I have no idea when that time will come- but then again I don't know if I've even allowed myself to grieve yet either- I'm still angry I think about the whole situation.

Anyway- everyone is more than welcome to do more than one page of the topic if they want. Or post other BOM LOs just to share- Monique- you go girl, you've been a LO producing machine.

We are not voting on best- but encouraging each other to do this about ourselves. I'm putting them on the front so it's easier to find everyone's submissions.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7

• Lookin4newideas Said:
Of course you can! There is no right or wrong to your BOM.. It's your book. You can put whatever you want in it that is about you. The challenges are to help us keep motivated and focused and to give us ideas. If you can get several pages from a challenge, I would say the better. Wouldn't you, Char? I probably have about 5 Scrapbooks worth of photos of me to scrap of my life. Since the old photo albums held tons of photos.

You got it Sally

Lookin4newideas
Governor
Lookin4newideas
In response to charcats7

Here's mine for the challenge. It's been a while since there was a milestone, but if ever there was, this sure was one of them. This was MY 48 hours I had to deal with, not knowing what I should do. Then the following two weeks weren't too much better as my daughter was admitted to the hospital for suicidal ideation. This was not about her, but about me and what I went through as a mother. At this point, my back was hurting the most it's ever been, I was put on a new medication that I had just started so it didn't kick in yet, I had given up on my daughter because attitude was out of control and I just couldn't deal with it, I was going through physical therapy and the more I exercised the more it hurt..and with all this, I hit rock bottom. I lost all strength, physical, emotional, and mental.

*Missing By Lookin4newideas

smileneyz6
Expert
smileneyz6

I know we are on our second week, but I would very much like to join in if it's not too late!!!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to smileneyz6

Of course Crystal- it's not too late- not until 31Jan So jump right in.

smileneyz6
Expert
smileneyz6
In response to charcats7

FANTASTIC! I know exactly what I want to do for milestones. It never even occurred to me to scrap about this, but I think it will be good therapy.

So glad to join this group, this will help keep me on my toes.

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to smileneyz6

I'll be posting a new topic each month. And I think for February I'll add a bonus project- something fun but still BOM related

Scrap-Time
Queen
Scrap-Time
In response to charcats7

mms

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 01-11-13 10:38 PM
In response to Scrap-Time

Fantastic layouts ladies!!! Thanks for sharing!

wapygirl
Mayor
wapygirl
In response to TesaB

I have three layouts to share:
PARTY By Wapygirl

8th Grade By Wapygirl

Freshmen By Wapygirl

My 5th birthday, 8th grade year, and freshman year. They were milestones for me!

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to wapygirl

My milestone entry

Book of Me - Milestone By Msmama

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to msmama

Great pages Jacki & Coleen.

Front updated to here

wapygirl
Mayor
wapygirl
In response to msmama

How awesome is it that I have 7, yes 7, layouts in my BOM now! lol I only had 2 before January!

msmama
msmama 
Mayor
msmama
In response to wapygirl

Good job Jacki! I need to get my butt moving, I only have 2, thank goodness we have this challenge.

Page 5 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics