Page 9 of 10 
Username Post: Book of Me Challenge January 2013        (Topic#1583867)
charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to GentlewoodFarms

• GentlewoodFarms Said:
Ok, girls. Mine is finally ready to meet the public.

Here's my Milestone. I scrapped a picture of my sister and me from this past October when we went to Italy. I've wanted to go to Italy for as long as I can remember. This trip was a major milestone for me. My first "real" trip out of the country (we went to Mexico on a day drive a long time ago, but we only were there for the afternoon). If a trip to Europe for a small town country girl from Oklahoma isn't a milestone, I'm not sure what is.

Some Memories ~*~Swirlydoos Ultimate Design Challenge~*~

Pat this page is STUNNING!!! I think that challenge really did something as this is an amazing page- love all the layers & details- I just stared at is for awhile when it came up. Love that about your photo pose- how fun. Would love to see when you do the then & now page.

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms
In response to charcats7

Thanks, Char. I really did have a lot of fun doing it, but it WAS a challenge, no question.

I'll be looking forward to next month's projects!

rubymillerand
Guru
rubymillerand
In response to smileneyz6

• smileneyz6 Said:
Monique, that page was very inspiring. I think I might do something similar one of these days.

Got to get my swaps completed so I can focus on this page, I know what I want to do, but also a little anxious about the topic.

Thanks. Can't wait to see what you come up w/. I don't like opening up an feeling vulnerable, but I felt it was time. We're going to be moving soon (leaving Florida, heading to Maine) and I'm trying to come up w/ ways to let the past go. It's driving me nuts.

Faithscrapper, love your idea of the hidden journaling in the chimney.

TesaB
TesaB 
Mayor
TesaB
  • TesaB on 01-27-13 10:35 AM
In response to rubymillerand

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to TesaB

working up some details for next month's challenge- hope to be posting it soon

wapygirl
Mayor
wapygirl
In response to charcats7

jci!

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to wapygirl

not sure if i can still participate so i'm going to submit an entry and if you are already closed then you can all just enjoy.

My milestone was my son being born at 29 weeks by emergency c-section. He was born at 311pm and because of the amount of medication I was on i was not allowed to see him on his "birth" day. It was not until the next mid morning that I was allowed to see him (I had to get the doctor's approval to leave my room). I then had to get the introductions to the NICU before I could even enter my son's pod room. My mom wheeled me over to his bed where I sat staring at him (so small in his incubator). When the nurse asked if I wanted to hold him I couldn't stop crying. After I stopped crying, the nurse got Kyle out of the incubator and placed him in my arms. This picture was taken right after the nurse stepped away:
"http://[url=http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/807413/v... I knew I loved you By Beck_bear

wapygirl
Mayor
wapygirl
In response to beck_bear

Thank you for sharing Becky! That is an amazing milestone!

JCI!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to wapygirl

That's amazing Becky- what a wonderful story- what a wonderful photo to have. I have no photos of me holding my son until a couple weeks later. Precious memories

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to charcats7

We've had 16 submissions so far - awesome job everyone.

We'll accept milestone pages up until Thursday the 31st- then we'll officially open the February BOM challenge. I am working that up & it will hopefully be ready to post tonight so you can start those creative gears turning

Faithscrapper
Mayor
Faithscrapper
In response to charcats7

can't wait Char, this month was great!!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to charcats7

Here is the link to February's challenge- remember- you still have until 31Jan to post your Milestones LO here

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15845...

beck_bear
Diva
beck_bear
In response to charcats7

and another one, reflecting on the day my son was moved from his toaster (aka incubator) to his big boy bed (aka the bucket):

Freedom By Beck_bear

TeriScraps
Governor
TeriScraps
In response to beck_bear

I have been MIA, but have this on my to do list for this month!!! I will also be checking back to leave some love!

mycowsnz
Expert
mycowsnz
In response to TeriScraps

Hi everyone, unfornately due to time commitments I won't be able to add a layout for this challenge this month even though I know what I want to do time has just gotten away with me. Two of my girls head back to school tomorrow after having 6 weeks off for summer hols and I have been covering books instead of doing layouts this week. I hope to be able to participate next month when things aren't so crazy

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to mycowsnz

I completely understand Michelle - you are still welcome to share the Milestone LO on the new thread should you decide to still do it

Becky- those are great milestones- everything about a child changes our lives

Jalynne
Guru
Jalynne
In response to charcats7

After I get my research paper done, I can play with other kinds of paper tomorrow! I WILL get something done tomorrow.

smileneyz6
Expert
smileneyz6
In response to wapygirl

I have finally been able to work on my milestone. It was supposed to be a 2 page layout, for 2 parts to the milestone, but it looks like I might only complete 1 by the deadline. I scrap ooooh soooo slowly. It's curious timing, as the anniversary is rolling around on Saturday. Hmm. I plan on working on it all day, I am still going to try and get both accomplished But at least I should have a picture of the first one later this evening. My first LO for a scrapbook about ME. yay!

arteshamac
Governor
arteshamac
In response to smileneyz6

Yay, Crystal! Can't wait to see what you have created:)

wapygirl
Mayor
wapygirl
In response to arteshamac

JCI

Page 9 of 10 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics