Username Post: Scrapping w/out photos        (Topic#1583881)
Magpie1
Tenant
Magpie1

G'morning everybody. Just wondering, what are some ideas of ways to scrapbook without photos? For example I want to do a layout of why I love winter. Of course I'd love to have the perfect winter photo for this, but has anyone done photo-less layouts

Cheers, have a great Sunday

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to Magpie1

I am making an album of my travels/shows seeing the Dave Matthews Band. For the majority of the shows I don't have photos, only the setlist so I've been scrapping the setlists. I try to find inspiration looking at LOs (either here or in books) that have only one vertical photo. They're kinda hard to come by but I have a few done. Here's a few of mine if that helps:

Show 24 By Scrappindmbfan

Show 26 By Scrappindmbfan

Show #22 By Scrappindmbfan

Show #7 By Scrappindmbfan

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to scrappindmbfan

Here is one without a photo:

Valentine's Day 2012 By Henri Jean

These are funny stories I scrapped that didn't have photos.

Hey..... By Henri Jean

Bill's Frog By Henri Jean

Cruise Ship Leper Colony By Henri Jean

Henri's Pants & Bill's Pooper Wipes By Henri Jean

Magpie1
Tenant
Magpie1
In response to scrappindmbfan

What a great idea, following the band and scrapping the setlists! I like the Dave Matthew's band too Thank you for the ideas.

Magpie1
Tenant
Magpie1
In response to Henri Jean

Focusing on the journalling is a great idea, thank you for your layout samples

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Magpie1

Check out these topics on the subject, where lots of ideas and examples have been shared:
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15827...
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15806...

Here are a couple of my own layouts that tell stories which didn't have anything to take pictures of that would have helped tell the story:

Washington DC 2012 - Page 2 - Road Trip (page 1) By Aquabunny

Hawaii 2010 - Page 2 - The Backstory By Aquabunny

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to aquabunny

I saw this challenge posted. "January No Pic Challenge" http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15837...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to justowen

I was going to mention that Aqua Bunny does some beautiful layouts with no photos but she jumped in here with examples.

If you go into sbartist's gallery - she has some awesome examples.

Another thought - I often find things online. For some of the concerts you might find a poster online for the concert or a photo of the band that you like.

When I scrapped the Gary Sinise Band I did have photos that I took but in addition I got pictures of him in his role has Lt. Dan in Forrest Gump and included those on the layout.

I did a whole scrapbook on the stars on Hollywood Blvd. Walk of Fame when I was there a few years ago - took pictures of the stars on the sidewalk for celebrities I thought were cool - the researched them on the internet and pulled photos of them from the internet to put with their star.

Cindyckj
Expert
Cindyckj
In response to Henri Jean

So glad you brought this up and thanks for the winter idea.

I had seen a lo many years ago that was an "I am" type of page that was just a series of matted papers starting with a matted square in white/red/black with the "I am" in the center and then a white paper under that and matted with black and then the white area just had words everywhere and it was so neat. And I was just thinking about it before I saw your post. I suppose this could be translated into winter with the colors of paper you chose.

Good luck!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to Cindyckj

Why not get some photos from the public domain in the internet and print them out? Of course LOs without photos can be very interesting too!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics