Username Post: What's it called and what it does??        (Topic#1583883)
TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

Hi there, I was wondering what the liquid stuff is called that I see people use while crafting. I see it being used for both glueing and sealing things. Its transparent. They apply it with a brush....

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to TheCharmedOne

Modge Podge? Modge Podge is white but dries clear.
It could also be Crystal Effects. I use it as a glue as well.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to binkiemonstermom

I think it comes in a jar but I am not sure... I see it used on projects in videos on YouTube by Racho. She applies it with a brush. The videos goes too quick for me to see the product name and when I want to freeze the video, it gives unclear image... They use it for Mixed Meda Arts...

I bought the Gesso, that isnt clear, or at least the kind that I bought...

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

It sounds like Mod Podge... It is in a jar and you use a paint brush... I love it for sealing....

Magpie1
Tenant
Magpie1
In response to debby_westbrook

Yes I think Debby is right, Modge Podge. I used it to seal the front and back covers of some handmade journals. Hmmm...sounds like a cool idea, maybe I'll make some of those again!

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to debby_westbrook

Is it like a varnish? Or something entirely different? I live in Holland and we dont have Scrapbook shops like they do in America. So I may have to look for something similar.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

I think I found something.. I reckon its used a lot for decoupage aswell.. The one I found is a gel medium heavy duty varnish glue.

Thanks ladies!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

It could be Claudine Hellmuth multi medium. It basically works like Modge Podge. I really like it.
Products Referenced in This Post:

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to SherylEb

I've seen that jar! So thats like a varnish glue then...I like it how she glues things with it and seals it at the same time.

Racho made an journaling book with motivational pages. I want to do something like that.
Me job coach says I have to work at me positive additude, that I have things in me life to be proud of but that I need to remind meself of those. All the things I have exerienced in me life, stay lingering in me mind. I need something to let it out and tell meself to be proud. Thought one of those journaling books might do the trick.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome

In case anyone is trying to search for the item, the name is actually Mod Podge, NOT Modge Podge. I hear/see people calling it Modge Podge all the time, but that's not actually what it is.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to tinacome

Thank you all for the help. I know what it is now and will look if I can find it here in Holland. Did find something similar.. So its a big help

Thanks a bunch!

Resident

Where I live Mod Podge stays tacky, I usually use Golden Matt Medium now, there is also Gel mediums which can work in a similar way.

I know some people dust their mod podge with baby powder after it is dry to get rid of the tackyness but then it seems a bit "smokey" to me. It is all personal opinion Mod Podge is def. less expensive then Matt Medium is.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to must_love_paper

I rather pay a lil more and that the outcome is better. So all suggestions are welcome. I will look and google to see which works best for me and also see which is available here.

Thank you

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics