Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: YMBASI moment        (Topic#1583887)
Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12

This morning was a big 'You Might Be A Scrapbooker if' moment. We were getting ready to go out and I wanted to wear a purple shirt as an excuse to scrap with that color. I took my 2 purple shirts to my scrap space to see which shade I have more paper in.

My husband just kind of stared at me. lol

Have you done anything to plan/coordinate your projects?

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to Lamoo12

That totally cracks me up!

I've been tempted to buy curtains and pillows because they matched some paper I had and it would be cool to use my pp to scrap pics that had those curtains and pillows in the background. Mostly I've talked myself out of it, though, because it would usually involve repainting the room to go with the pillows and curtains and I can't do the painting myself, so I'd have to leave home and get someone else to do it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to justowen

I have lots of cute diecuts and papers with ice cream cones so when we have the opportunitiy to get an ice cream, even if I don't really want it, we get one so I can use my cute scrappie stuff.

When we go to Hawaii in a couple months we always go to the Dole planatation to see one of Bill's customers. I have to get a Dole Whip becuase i have a Dole WHip embellie I want to use.

There are actually places I want to visit becuase I have such awesome papers to go with that place and embellies and things.

I want to go to DisneyWorld so I can use all the Disney scrap stuff I couldn't resist buying and I want to use them.

I think the winner though - I saw an adorable diecut that said, "Skydiving". The woman asked me when I bought it if I was a skydiver. I told her I had never tried it but now I would have to try it - as I had the embellie for the page.

And lets not forget about all the scuba diving stuff I bought several years ago becuase it was cute. Now I have to learn to scuba dive so I can use it. We are moving in that direction - husband surprised me with a tank last summer so he can teach me in the pool. My son wants to learn to but he has to wait until after his surgery and gets clearance from the doctor.

Then we will all go to Key West on a dive. I have the cutest embellie that says, "Diving in Key West" with the scuba diving flag on it. Gotta use that embellie!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Henri Jean

Melanie, that is funny! I have never done that but I always try to be sure my DGDs are wearing matching colors so when I get to scrapping those pics it won't be as hard to match pps. Like Christmas this year, they were all dressed differently and I know when it comes time to scrap those, those pics will have to be printed in B&W. DGD3 was in neon orange and gray! Try tying that into Christmas pp!! Not gonna happen!
I work retail and at timesI will see a customer wearing a pattern/color and I think, ooh, I have the perfect pp for that!!

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to ChansGram

Henri Jean---you are crazy! Sky diving just so you can use your sky diving embellie?! Yikes!!!
You win!
LOL!

Edited by Doreena on 01-06-13 11:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Doreena

I really think I will do it one day when the opportunity arises! And what fun it will be to scrap.

I'm looking forward to learning to scuba dive but have a real fear of sharks. That will be interesting.

Expert
In response to Doreena

Only time I "plan" clothes based on future LOs would be at Christmas time...can't have horribly clashing colors on my boys that don't go with the Christmas paper line I've already picked out!!!

Otherwise I did have a clothing related YMBASI moment last summer when I put on a new pair of capris and decided that while I liked the pants I couldn't wait for something to happen to them because I fell in love with the buttons and wanted to use them on a LO!!!

And I too want to go to DisneyWorld so I can use the too-many tons of Disney embellies and papers I bought to do some old Disney phots...I think I have more supplies than photos!!! I'll just save them and hope we can go there when my boys are a little bit older.

suezhunt
Pro
suezhunt
In response to Lamoo12

I do this ALL the time! It drives my husband nuts! I even set up photo shoots with my kids if I have paper I want to use and don't already have pictures!

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to suezhunt

Oh we are a strange bunch, aren't we?!!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to ChansGram

I annoy my DIL by color coordinating the granddaughters for pics. I bought the cutest Christmas tshirts for pics and I loved how they turned out.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to SunshineOnMyShoulders

This is all too funny!
I haven't dressed myself to coordinate for scrapbooking but I do it all the time for my son.
When we are going somewhere special, school trip, to the zoo, whatever....I dress him in extra nice clothes for pictures and make sure everything coordinates....

Alison

LesleyC
Diva
LesleyC
In response to kiyawinn

Um, I cannot confirm or deny whether I will have my daughter wear something different because I have already scrapped pics of her in the outfit she is wearing.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to LesleyC

Oh yeh. I once sent a photo of a piece of scrap paper to my daughter and asked her to take a particular photo of my DGD wearing something that coordinated with it. Being a scrapper herself, she understood, and when she didn't have anything that matched the paper well enough, went out and bought my DGD a dress that would coordinate with my paper! Now that's a great daughter!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to dwelch

That is funny!

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to Henri Jean

I have never worn or asked anybody to wear anything because of scrapping purposes. But Have been known to add accessories to a picture area to help make it more matchable or different than other similar photos. Like one Christmas, helping my Mom set up tables and get ready for company the next day, I asked if she would use her Chrystal candle holders for the Buffet table because I had paper that matched the design in the candle holders. My Mom was an awesome Mom so she said sure! Or have somebody hold a 7Up drink instead of other soda for the color of the can. I mean it's not like anybody is doing a bad thing by making requests for scrap purposes...we could have much worse things in our pasts than having the kids wear matching shirts!! I think it is pretty awesome that so many of us have a plan of what we need or want before the pics even get taken!! Way to Go! Good Planning is a Wonderful Quality for many jobs and life in general so I think You all deserve a pat on the back for your efforts!! Carry On and Keep up the Good Work!!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to catzscrapper

I can always tell when my DGS grows - he has worn certain shirts in my pictures and then 6 months later the shirts change. So every 6 months I have to buy paper that go with the shirts he is wearing at that time!

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to prittb

I have some pics of my great niece making christmas cookies. She was wearing a purple shirt with an orange apron. How do you scrap christmas paper aound that. i have to take them as i get them.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to cescrapper

• cescrapper Said:
I have some pics of my great niece making christmas cookies. She was wearing a purple shirt with an orange apron. How do you scrap christmas paper aound that. i have to take them as i get them.

Combine this with your Christmas papers and mat the pic with orange and ?????

Karen Foster Design - Christmas Cooking Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Christmas Cooking Collage

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to justowen

so i did all that work to match my shirt, and i'm only in 2 pictures! i have to find a way to get out from behind the camera.

cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper
In response to justowen

• justowen Said:
  • cescrapper Said:

Combine this with your Christmas papers and mat the pic with orange and ?????

Karen Foster Design - Christmas Cooking Collection - 12 x 12 Paper - Christmas Cooking Collage

Thank you Justowen, this is perfect .

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics