Username Post: Menu Board....        (Topic#1583893)
mrs.farmer
Veteran
mrs.farmer

I am making a menu board for hone and need some starting ideas... Anyone have any???

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-06-13 06:53 PM
In response to mrs.farmer

What's the goal for the menu board? You could make a pretty frame with a chalkboard or whiteboard interior and write on it. You can buy chalkboard paint, and I'm sure I've seen 'whiteboard' ideas using picture frames - put pretty paper or fabric behind the glass and use the erasable markers directly on the glass. Or if you have a lot of standard meals, make labels (e.g., "tuna casserole," "beef enchiladas", etc.), laminate them, and turn them into magnets. This would be more fun because you could do a lot of papercrafting with dies and stamps and the like! You can buy magnetic tiles or even magnetic paint to create a backboard. Include some small magnets and labels you can write on for any special or new dishes you make. Or you could do a frame with a big clip at the top, prepare a stack of nice paper to fit inside the frame with a nice wide margin, and write the menu each day and clip it into the frame.

catzscrapper
Pro
catzscrapper
In response to stick

No pics but I did a white board with a frame I made (Painted in florals) and used it as a menu board for my kitchen so nobody had to ask 'What's for Dinner?' I loved to use various rubber stamps with pics of foods, vegies and stuff like that as a border or to accent the words. Those erasable pens worked well on my stamps. I used the 8 x 11 inch size white board from a dollar store and then put a pen for it on a cord so it would not disappear. We wore it out and them when we moved the Man threw it out which made me upset...I like the frame very much and wanted to get another white board to replace it!!
I think the white boards come in different sizes depending what stores you look at. If you are going to do this I would suggest getting 2 in the size you want so you are ready when it needs replacing. I would still have one if I had done that in the beginning

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to catzscrapper

My menu board at home says:

#1 This is not a diner, nor is it Burger King, you can not have it YOUR way....rather it's more like Alice in Wonderland, I'm the Queen, and it's always MY WAY!!!

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to ScrappyMama6

Love it!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to flintridgescrapper

I saw a really awesome idea last year on the Silhouette blog. If I remember right, they used a white board, and then made a calendar (lines & words) with vinyl adhesive. I thought it was so cool, and had forgotten about it, DUH! I'm going to look for it now, and if I find the link, I'll post it!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

OK, I was completely wrong! Here is the link ... http://blog.silhouetteamerica.com/2012/08/free-shape-of ...

They cut the calendar background 12x12 and used a regular frame. They wrote on the glass with a paint pen, but said dry erase would work also.

This would be a neat idea to manipulate, and use the way YOU want your menu set up (weekly, groc list, etc), but the basic idea is pretty cool!

Again, I may tweak this for myself!

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
My menu board at home says:

#1 This is not a diner, nor is it Burger King, you can not have it YOUR way....rather it's more like Alice in Wonderland, I'm the Queen, and it's always MY WAY!!!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to prittb

Teresa, I love your attitude!!! way to go!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics