Username Post: Scrapping 2 of the same photos        (Topic#1583899)
flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

Could you please tell me how to search for or could you please share your layouts where you've used 2 of the same pictures on a layout? I've seen this done, but I don't know how to search for it in the gallery.

New Kid On the Block
In response to flintridgescrapper

Hi Judy. I just posted one in my gallery for you, titled "Snowy Day". The pictures are almost identical, one B&W and the other in color. I don't know how to search in the gallery, maybe someone else can help you with that.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to SunshineOnMyShoulders

Here are some samples I did....

Double Vision By Debby_westbrook

Still the One By Debby_westbrook

CHEECHEE By Debby_westbrook

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to debby_westbrook

The only difference on CheeChee is the same picture only one was cropped...

Double Vision is color and black & white...

Still the one is color and Sophia color...

Hope this helps.. I don't know how to search for it either...

Edited by debby_westbrook on 01-06-13 06:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-06-13 06:41 PM
In response to SunshineOnMyShoulders

This is a digi, but I've seen the same concept done in paper - just the same pic done in multiple layers.
Boy and Uncle Boy Playing in the Back Yard By Stick

I've also seen some nice ones with multiple black and white pics as sort of the background and a vivid color pic as the focal. Or arranged in a row with the color pic at the end.

One thing I haven't done yet but I'd like to just as soon as I can find the right pics for it, is to use a filmstrip frame and put the same image in each frame as a border strip.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

I've only used the same photo when I've enlarged & cropped a portion of the photo. On the 2nd page of my gallery, there are 006 and 007 Snow Play, which make up a double-page LO. The pics in the snowflakes on 007 are enlarged areas of pics on 006. In pre-digi days, with lower zoom capabilities, people would often get lost in the scenery, so I try to figure out ways to pop them out.

I did something similar with a photo of my BFF's daughter in front of a waterfall. I enlarged her and the waterfall, then cropped and pop-dotted, so that becomes the focal point in the trees and surrounding scenery. This is done in the top/left photo on this page:
019 West of Tahoe By Mrsdriver5

I'm not sure this is what you're looking for, but I also don't know how you would search for what you're trying to find. Good luck!~Judy

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to mrsdriver5

Also on 026 and 027 I did a double-page with a panorama along the bottom, using the three pics on 026, plus two others. In my graphics program (PhotoImpact), I "sewed" them together to make one long 24" strip, then printed it out on two 12" metallic-type c/s, cut them and adhered them to two 12x12 LOs. They really look neat in real life...look kind of dull on-screen.

For those with new Cameos, I got the frame on 026 from the Silhouette store and in the Cameo program, I added my title so it all cut out at once, then I used the throw-away portion as a stencil to place my lettering before gluing the frame into position. ~Judy

026 A Suite View By Mrsdriver5

027 Steam Room & Breakfast By Mrsdriver5

Doreena
Governor
Doreena

I love the look but have so far only done it for school pics... I need to expand more, LOL!

Here are samples:

Grd 2 - Spring Pics By Doreena

8th Grade By Doreena

Grade 7 By Doreena

1st Grade By Doreena

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Doreena

I was looking through Manda K's gallery and she has several "doubles" in her gorgeous LOs.~Judy

dancinirish90
Queen
dancinirish90

Here are the ones I've done with the same photo.

You Fill My Life with Color By Dancinirish90

These 2 pages have the same photo of the bride and groom exiting the church cropped in 3 different ways to show different details and to convey movement:
Love & Bride + Groom By Dancinirish90

Touch By Dancinirish90

Black Cat By Dancinirish90

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to dancinirish90

Oh, my goodness! Thank you all SO much! This is what I was looking for.

The reason I am asking is that there is a little boy that is very special to myself & DH. His great-grandmother has custody of him, and she tries to send me his school photo each year. This year, she sent two small photos, which I'm sure were meant to be one for each of our wallets. Since neither one of us carries photos with us, and since I am a scrapbooker, I decided to try to scrap them on a layout.

Your answers have been very helpful. Thank you for your examples!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

You could copy them & make them different sizes.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

{Second Grade} By KellyCali

{Happy Sunshine Girl} By KellyCali

{How Do I Heart Thee?} By KellyCali

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 01-07-13 09:51 AM
In response to KellyCali

You have lots of fun examples!

Here's one I did. The smaller photo is almost identical to the larger.

Love Your Crinkly Smile By IzzyB

Here's another. The images are different but the same design/idea would work with photos that were the same.

Natl Donut Day - My Creative Scrapbook By IzzyB

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to IzzyB

I did a l/o a while back with the same pic blown up and zoomed in. Just treat it as two different pics.
You are my sunshine By OlesyaK.

joannie
Veteran
joannie
In response to OlesyaK.

I've also seen where you crop a little out of one photo and adhere it to the top of the other. You can use pop dots and it looks pretty cool! hth!

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to joannie

• joannie Said:
I've also seen where you crop a little out of one photo and adhere it to the top of the other. You can use pop dots and it looks pretty cool! hth!

yep, seen that done too. or almost the same - one photo was 4*6 another 5*7 ( not quite, proportional to 4*6 but larger) and one was on top of the other. The larger one on the bottom is almost like a shadow, a zoom effect - looks gorgeous! I forget now if they were both in color or if one was b/w. I love the idea of combining same pics in color and b/w, never tried though..

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to OlesyaK.

I did it with 3 3x3's of the same photo. Just did them in different finishes, one b&w, one sepia and one in a saturated color.

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to olleharr

Thank you, Lisa. I really like this. I'll scan it and see what I can do.

Thank you all for your responses. You've all given me some really good ideas!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics