Username Post: Hi all from the UK        (Topic#1583919)
lizie_88
New Kid On the Block
lizie_88

Hi everyone

I'm Lizie and I live in Gloucestershire, UK and I have never ever scrapbooked before(not sure I'm using the right terminology there)

I love photography and travel and I currently work with ArtShape n Adult Education working with adults who have disabilities. I am currently working with an arts and crafts class and a drama class.

I've been wanting to try Scrabooking for a while but it's the old age question where do you start? it's seemed a bit overwhelming at times but I thought this could be a great project as we have loads of photos stuffed away in the wardrobe.

I also teach myself Photoshop (which can be addictive).

As a beginner I was wondering if anyone had any album tips. I'm looking through the store and not having a clue which one to get first?

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 01-08-13 10:49 AM
In response to lizie_88

Hi Lizie - welcome to scrapbook.com. This is a great place to learn and share.

Where to start is a great question and difficult to answer.

My suggestion would be to start looking through the gallery to see how people are creating los. Also take a the free Learn to Scrapbook classes offered on this site. Go to the Classes tab and choose beginner.
Also the store offers a lot of ebooks that you might find helpful but I recommend the classes first.

Good luck!

lizie_88
New Kid On the Block
lizie_88
In response to GMFTS

thank you so much GMFTS- I will start in that direction

and thank you for the welcome

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to lizie_88

Hi Lizie and welcome! I'm in the UK too, near Bristol - not so far from you.

As Mary says, it's hard to explain where to start because everyone learns in such different ways. I started with real basics: a pack of card-stock, a few co-ordinated papers, a paper trimmer, scissors, ribbons saved from chocolate boxes, and the usual ruler, pencil, eraser, black and white markers.

I chose photos for a specific project, my MIL/FIL's ruby wedding anniversary, and had them printed out.

I went to the Gallery here (see the blue tab up the top, 3rd from the left?) and chose LOs that I could copy simply, or take inspiration from.

I cut everything out myself; I had no punches or fancy dies in those days.

I had about 7 weeks to get 15 pages done as a gift album for MIL and FIL. The final page was finished on the morning we collected them from the airport! They loved it so much, and I loved making it so much that I just carried on from there. 5 years later I'm still as enthusiastic about it and I've learned a huge amount.

You'll get a lot of help here. This is a wonderful site, so friendly. Don't worry about asking beginners' questions - we were all beginners once. Just have a quick look through the forums to see whether anyone else has asked the same thing recently. That's the only thing that bugs people sometimes, when 3 people ask the same question on the same page of the same forum without looking first!

Does that help at all?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics