Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: New Trends..        (Topic#1583951)
KaybeeBitters
Guru
KaybeeBitters

So I've been out of the loop for while...when my daughter goes to sleep tonight I plan to pull out my SB stuff and work on a few LO's for the first time in about 2 years!! I'm ready to finish up her 1st year scrapbook Just curious though, since I haven't bought supplies or been into it for awhile what are the new hot trends/techniques and products?? Or maybe I should just ask what are YOU into right now? Anyone who wants to link LO's from their gallery, I'd love to see Thanks

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to KaybeeBitters

I am Jonesing for a Silhouette Cameo...so I have been browsing all the designs in their online store n trying to pick up the design of the week each week. So I guess fancy diecuts are my new trend...

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Juansmom

Banners or pennants are my new obsession!

I saw -or- cuz I've heard it called by both names.
Here is an example:

1st Pic 2013 By Doreena

Vintageivy
Veteran
Vintageivy
In response to Doreena

Love the layout Doreena! Quick question-did you cut the "banners" by hand?

Michee
Michee 
Idol
Michee
In response to Vintageivy

Chevron, arrows, banners, washi! I too haven't done a layout in a while. I've been working on my Project Life albums and haven't been taking time to do any of my traditional layouts.

Edited by Michee on 01-09-13 04:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Michee

I am in love with banners too! Anything bird-related I like.

I just got a Cameo and I am getting some images and doing some practice cutting, but I can tell it is going to change the way I scrap.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
I am in love with banners too! Anything bird-related I like.

I just got a Cameo and I am getting some images and doing some practice cutting, but I can tell it is going to change the way I scrap.

I love love love my cameo. I have only just started playing with it after the crazy busy holidays, but I love it so much already.

I've also been enjoying washi tape, messy inks, and well, I guess my whole stash. I can't tell you what's the most current though, I love it all.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to pugs223

I have like 2 or 3 rolls of washi, but I see a lot that I would love to have, but not sure on stocking up on a ton of it.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Vintageivy

• Vintageivy Said:
Love the layout Doreena! Quick question-did you cut the "banners" by hand?

Yes.
I cut strips of paper then using the corner of another paper I drew a triangle on the ends of each of those strips and then I cut the triangle out so it created the banner.

BTW - The paper I cut the banners from was a 12x12 piece I bought for only 25 cents! I made a cool pretty embellie for cheap!

Edited by Doreena on 01-09-13 07:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Doreena
Governor
Doreena
In response to Doreena

I love the look of washi tape but IDK if I can make it look good. I have a roll I got in my first ever Subscription Scrapbook Kit, about 3 years ago, and never used it. Now it's a craze and I'm thinking of trying it out. I want to make sure I can make it work before I buy more because even though there are really cute patterns/colors out there, it doesn't do me any good if they just sit in a box!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Doreena

• Doreena Said:
I love the look of washi tape but IDK if I can make it look good. I have a roll I got in my first ever Subscription Scrapbook Kit, about 3 years ago, and never used it. Now it's a craze and I'm thinking of trying it out. I want to make sure I can make it work before I buy more because even though there are really cute patterns/colors out there, it doesn't do me any good if they just sit in a box!

My washi all sits in a clear jar and makes for a nice, colorful room decor item. Maybe sometime I'll actually use it for s'bing!~Judy

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to mrsdriver5

Washi is so fun! USE it! I love to rip it in half lengthwise.

I got a Cameo for Christmas and have used it every day since then! Remember how I slept with my Big Shot under my pillow? Well, this obsession is much MUCH worse. It's pretty much the best invention ever.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to kelseymel

TOTALLY agree on the Cameo obsession....I got one for Christmas too and I love playing with it!

My other obsessions are....
Texture - using burlap, canvas, mod podge, gesso, etc..on pages. I love the texture and 3D effect on the paper
Chipboard/Grungeboard - same as above...I love 3D pages
Banners - I use them a lot too!
Heat Embossing - I do it on almost every page...I use it on alphas, chipboard embellies or even just around the edge of a page....
Inking Edges - I ink the edges of most of the papers on any given page, backgrounds, photo mats, embellies....

Alison

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to kelseymel

• kelseymel Said:
Washi is so fun! USE it! I love to rip it in half lengthwise.

I got a Cameo for Christmas and have used it every day since then! Remember how I slept with my Big Shot under my pillow? Well, this obsession is much MUCH worse. It's pretty much the best invention ever.

yay you got a cameo!!!!!! Have you shown off any creations on your blog yet? Why am I asking? I'll just go look

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to pugs223

Oh and Melissa is definitely a Sensei of Washi.

I've only used it a few times but love the look.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to kiyawinn

• kiyawinn Said:
TOTALLY agree on the Cameo obsession....I got one for Christmas too and I love playing with it!

My other obsessions are....
Texture - using burlap, canvas, mod podge, gesso, etc..on pages. I love the texture and 3D effect on the paper
Chipboard/Grungeboard - same as above...I love 3D pages
Banners - I use them a lot too!
Heat Embossing - I do it on almost every page...I use it on alphas, chipboard embellies or even just around the edge of a page....
Inking Edges - I ink the edges of most of the papers on any given page, backgrounds, photo mats, embellies....

Alison

What she said!! Minus the Cameo and Banners. Haven't used either of those yet.

I also love to distress the edges of stuff--cards, layouts, mats etc.

And I use some form of paint, ink, spray, stain etc on pretty much everything.

As for new trends, check out the New Arrivals section here. All kinds of cool stuff there!

KaybeeBitters
Guru
KaybeeBitters
In response to Kim222

hmm, never heard of Washi tape...now I'm headed over to google haha

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to KaybeeBitters

• KaybeeBitters Said:
hmm, never heard of Washi tape...now I'm headed over to google haha

Just search the store here....you get 145 different kinds!

Alison

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to kiyawinn

I don't know how new this stuff is, but I keep seeing:

chevron patterns and hexagons everywhere
banners are still big
gesso and textured backgrounds
doilies, lace, knits
mixing florals and stripes
Washi is still all over the place
twine

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to madmatter

Oh, and has anyone else noticed that rubons are coming back? They were all over the place years ago when I first started, then they disappeared. Now, I see them back again...except much, much nicer, IMO!

Alison

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics