Username Post: tim holtz ruler        (Topic#1583969)
Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

Has anyone else had the metal part of their design ruler come out? Have you had any luck getting it back in?

I emailed Advantus since they make the ruler hoping they can give me some ideas....I hate to have to replace it in less that 2 years.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Sneezy1956

I use mine a lot, but so far the metal piece is secure. Now I've got something else to worry about :>) Hopefully advantus has good cs! ~Judy

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-08-13 08:48 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

Haven't had that problem .... Yet. But I expect it. For some reason, in our environment (San Francisco, in the fog belt 10 short blocks from the ocean) acrylic tends to deteriorate faster. Heck, everything seems to deteriorate faster - I almost laugh whenever other people complain about mold because here you just can't prevent it, not completely. The environment is too moist. Anyway - I hope they replace it for you, I love my TH ruler!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to mrsdriver5

Ive had mine since they first came out and had no trouble with my metal strip.

I had emailed Ranger about my Melting Pot lid. It was broken when I opened package. It took them about 3 weeks to answer. Probably didn't help that it was the holidays, but they did find a lid and are sending it to me. I had given up and thought they weren't going to answer me.

So be patient if it takes a while to answer. I'm sure CHA is a busy time for them too.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Sneezy1956

• Sneezy1956 Said:
Has anyone else had the metal part of their design ruler come out? Have you had any luck getting it back in?

I emailed Advantus since they make the ruler hoping they can give me some ideas....I hate to have to replace it in less that 2 years.

Mine did. Almost as soon as I took it out of the package.

I was pretty bummed about it, but my husband took care of it & glued it/sealed it back in place.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to KellyCali

No touble with mine either.

Edited by prittb on 01-09-13 06:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to prittb

Well I sent them an email and if I don't hear from them once CHA is over I"ll email Tim and ask him about it.

I did just place an order for a new on since I can't live without any more. Mine was one of the first to come out. so maybe that's the problem.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics